The AT-SAT Test

Couple of questions, what was your strategy for the letter factory game? Also, any idea how heavy the math section is weighted? I only got 17 out of 30 on the practice. Some of those were definitely the wrong answer, or it said "error, see log.txt". I wish it better explained how to arrive at the correct answer.

Couple of questions, what was your strategy for the letter factory game? Also, any idea how heavy the math section is weighted? I only got 17 out of 30 on the practice. Some of those were definitely the wrong answer, or it said "error, see log.txt". I wish it better explained how to arrive at the correct answer.

I just tried to get everything in the right boxes, having all the boxes ordered, all that crap... The awareness questions are so off the wall, you have to have a photographic memory to be able to get all of those right!

I have no idea how the sections are weighted. I thought I had failed (but then again, who doesn't doubt themselves after a test?) I have a minor in math, so the math section wasn't hard for me. What questions are you having problems with? I can try to help you

I took the test on 3/4, and for the people who are going to take it, I have advice for the awareness questions. I've read how people didn't do well on them. The test screws with you, and just stops and goes right to the questions, in the middle of you doing something. In the practice questions, I was averaging 1/4, and that was by luck. When it came down to the test part, I had a strategy. In the practice questions, you'll learn what type of questions they ask (which conveyor belt was lowest, how many boxes were partially filled, etc.)

As you go through the program, constantly take notes in your head about what is on the screen. I basically, just ran the test, and described the screen non-stop in my head. I breezed through it. BTW, I got a 100. Just found out today!

I took the test on 3/4, and for the people who are going to take it, I have advice for the awareness questions. I've read how people didn't do well on them. The test screws with you, and just stops and goes right to the questions, in the middle of you doing something. In the practice questions, I was averaging 1/4, and that was by luck. When it came down to the test part, I had a strategy. In the practice questions, you'll learn what type of questions they ask (which conveyor belt was lowest, how many boxes were partially filled, etc.)

As you go through the program, constantly take notes in your head about what is on the screen. I basically, just ran the test, and described the screen non-stop in my head. I breezed through it. BTW, I got a 100. Just found out today!

Wow! Good for you! I will try to use your strategy. I have a feeling I will be asked to be quiet at least once during the test. During the scan portion I try and whisper the range over and over again.

Thank you thank you. I'm psyched. I had to wait 13 days for my scores, and the anticipation was killing me. Totally worth it though.

So, what's the next step? What am I waiting for now?

Did you apply for the open announcement in Feb or was it one last year? Usually you will wait to be put on the referral list than an interview or PEPC but I have read in a few places of people being called for interviews or PEPC for the Feb announcement even though no referral list has been made. I don't know if it is true...but that is what I have read and heard...

can you help me I will be taking the test in five days and dont have the book or cd amazon says it will take me about a week to get it and it will be too late do you have any sugestions on what to study and where else i can get info to study for the test?

I just got home from taking the test. It wasn't too bad. The book's CD was harder than the real thing, so it is great practice. Without it, I probably would have lost some points trying to get the rules down again. Anyone about to take it and panicking, don't worry about it! I wish the results broke it down by sections. I would love to know how I did on each one individually as well.

302av, check your local library. A bunch around me have it. That is what I did after the mail lost my order. My replacement isn't supposed to arrive until the 26th!

Can anyone tell me what the math portion is like? I have the ATC Career book and I have been studying the word problems. Are the test questions just like the book? I read someones response on a diiferent site and they explained the problems will only be d= r x t. Will they mix that up and use r = d/t or t=d/r ? Thanks for you help!

I took that AT-SAT yesterday and it was cool. I'm not the greatest w/ doing math in my head, so that section can go either way for me; maybe a 1/2 and 1/2 ordeal. The ATC scenario was so much fun, some of my traffic patterns for the airports were amazing; I had them all following each other and varied the speed. I kept the #1 guys speed up for a while, while everybody else behind him slowing down. Reminded me of the days I use to fly. I have 2 copies of the ATC Career Prep book laying around, I'm willing to part w/ the one that I didn't use it anybody wants/needs it.

hey I need it. I rember the days flying in ny @ republic ground

I just got home from taking the ATSAT today. I was really glad I practiced- even though some of the apps were different, they were similar enough that it gave me the comfort and familiarity to focus on the test rather than the rules- I do recommend practicing.

A few notes:

- It's generally easier than the practice versions.

- It was set up as such: first we had a 15 min speech intro, then we did Dials, Applied Math, Angles, and the Scan Test; then a 15 min break, then Letter Factory; then 45 min lunch; then AT Scenarios; then 15 min break; then lastly Analogies, then the experience questionnaire.

- Dials, generally like practice version- just adds a couple extra dials to read- but nothing you can't figure out- easy.

- Applied Math- like practice... maybe a little easier

- Angles- Just like practice

- Scan- just like Practice

- Letter- Looks different- they run the belts at different speeds, the questions are a lot more involved (like, "if you put all the letters from the belts into all the boxes, how many letters and which ones would you need to fill the existing open boxes?")- I doubt anyone nailed these. Holy crap- some were just ridiculous. For me, mine seemed to focus a lot of questions on what I needed for the orange box. What is nice is you don't have to click and drag the letters- you just click on the belt and then click on the box- much easier.

- AT Scenarios- looks much more like the Practice cd version than Jeremy's game, which is what I practiced on and got comfortable with. Jeremy's version is great, and in my opinion, more enjoyable, but it is more similar to the practice version. I crashed a bit (literally and figuratively) on this. Ugh. But despite the crashes I had (it was four rounds, I think, of varying lengths), the officiator said he had a girl a couple weeks ago who crashed 12 planes and still passed with an 85, so there's hope for me. :o But the 7 second refresh rate was nice.

- Analogies- some wasy, some rather challenging... the verbal ones take on all different dimensions than the practice cd- it asks you to check for meaning, letter patterns and sound patterns... again, not sure... there were a few I had to guess on.

Overall- it was laid back- you could do it at your own pace- everyone was on their own time schedule. If you needed to skip a question for most of the applications, you could skip it and if there was time, it would automatically bring you back to it at the end.

Our check-in was at 8, speech at 8:15, test at 8:30. I was done around 1:15, and it would have been earlier had I not gotten lost when I went to lunch. :) A lot of people were done around the same time as me.

I don't know how I did. I want to vomit a little. I want to pass, but I really did not do so "bueno" on the Scenarios- I was really disappointed in myself. I'm so nervous.

I hope the info above helps someone taking it soon!

They told us our grades would be posted anywhere from a day to 14 days, and if not, then we need to call to make sure we didn't fall through the cracks.

Thanks for the comparison Andy, I've pretty much got the scenario (at normal speed) and scan portions down cold...it's the letter factory that's killing me but considering (as you point out) it's a little different on the actual test I won't focus too much practice on it

Took the AT-SAT today in OKC and I must say, I find myself more nervous than I was before taking the test...:panic:

Can anyone tell me where I can check my ATSAT score. I am not CTI, but I was contacted by the FAA for "off the street" hiring. The proctor didn't know where or how I could check the score. Does anyone know?

Wow- I took the test Wednesday, and they posted the scores this morning (Friday)- WAY faster than I expected! :nana2:

I just wish i had ANY clue how long the next few steps are going to take and how they work. Argh. Now I suppose the waiting game begins.

I got my score from Wednesday also. I got an 82. I'm pretty bummed. I thought I nailed the test!! I'm assuming with an 82, it will be harder for me to find a job.

Back