the airlines and their own physicals...

ahsmatt7

I have heard many rumors about airlines' own physicals. Can someone tell me which airlines do their own physicals, along with which airlines that do not allow waivers or SODA's? thank you in advance.

If you can hold a Class 1 medical then you are fine. They can't deny you employment if you currenty hold a class 1. Delta is considering dropping ours because it is redundant.

CaptCauc -

Drop it but keep the shrink portion?

* * *​

ahsmatt7 -

Northwest did(Compass mirrored the NWA one so there's another for the list) and American also does physicals.

I have heard many rumors about airlines' own physicals. Can someone tell me which airlines do their own physicals, along with which airlines that do not allow waivers or SODA's? thank you in advance.

I have (had?) a Medical Flight Waiver for 20/30 in one of my eyes but I've usually been able to swing the eye test OK.

Southernjets didn't care about me having a waiver and it was just the basic DEFPOTEC wall chart anyway.

Pretty basic medical, as if you've got a class 1, what in the hell are they doing giving you a more stringent medical anyway.

I did, however, give A LOT of blood and did a MMPI (MN Multi-Phase Personality Inventory) about three times during the selection process.

All in all, it was pretty basic and not much to worry about.

I largely think they're looking for incompatible personality traits and severe genetic anomalies, but that's just my guess.

Don't worry.

On a side note, I think all of the MMPI stuff works because compared to my last airline, I probably run into a turd every 5 or 6 years compared to a turd every three or four rotations at my other carrier.

I think SouthernJets needs to give the personality tests so the pilots don't forget who they are when they wear their submarine commanders uniform.

;)

only reason im asking this is becasue i got cleared last year for a first class medical even though im a monocular pilot. I have color vision along with 20/20 uncorrected in both eyes individually. I just dont want to always run into trouble with airlines when i apply.

also, would the airlines see that you have a waiver or do you have to say, "Hey i obtained my first class with a medical waiver."

At American and American Eagle, AA medical used to give pilot applicants what is jokingly called the "astronaut physical".

They don't do that anymore. Now you just get a urine test and a hearing test.

The urinalysis is a federal requirement. The hearing test is a liability requirement, so you can't claim they jacked your hearing.

Very simple, really. Should you ever find yourself sitting at the medical during an AE interview, you're in. Assuming your urine is as it's supposed to be, of course. :)

I think SouthernJets needs to give the personality tests so the pilots don't forget who they are when they wear their submarine commanders uniform.

;)

Don't be hatin' dawg! ;)

So why didn't you tell the lovely lady in LAS that you were umm, "recently experienced in manipulating beta" instead of well, "ya know"? :) Ohhhhhh sa-nap!

Chicks dig BETA, not the doublebrested...

;)

While you are impressing people with your beta, and think you see us as the first picture, we are quietly carrying out the second picture on the competition:

Attachments

• uniforms_in-blue_ofcr.jpg
    uniforms_in-blue_ofcr.jpg
    13.7 KB · Views: 41
  • u-boat-9.jpg
    u-boat-9.jpg
    4.8 KB · Views: 139
So why didn't you tell the lovely lady in LAS that you were umm, "recently experienced in manipulating beta" instead of well, "ya know"? :) Ohhhhhh sa-nap!

Last time I checked Montreal and Toronto are NOT in the United States sub commander!

;)

Alaska used to give a big physical, but I don't think they do anymore. However, they do blood and urine test. Positive for nicotine will get you eliminated.

In 1985 I went to the AA physical. It was the "astronaut" experience complete with their own "Nurse Ratchet." I think I busted because of a family history of diabetes.

Last time I checked Montreal and Toronto are NOT in the United States sub commander!

;)

Yeah, but is Soul Brotha' a international pilot for Southernjets?

Bring it, Wookie. BRING IT! :)

so I dont have anything to worry about when it comes to my vision as long as I have a clean first class medical?....SOunds reassuring

so I dont have anything to worry about when it comes to my vision as long as I have a clean first class medical?....SOunds reassuring

Dude, I got hired at Delta with 20/100. Even says I have to wear corrective lenses when I fly on my medical. No big woop.

You're bliiiind.

You can't see!

You need to wear some glasses like DMC.

Back