Thanksgiving!

Windchill

With Thanksgiving coming up, I would like to offer a GREAT BIG THANKS to those responsible for creating and maintaining this EXCELLENT site that offers a fun, yet professional forum to network and/or offer knowledge to others on just about every aspect of aviation.

Again, THANK YOU VERY MUCH for JetCareers, and happy holidays to all!

Amen! A big thanks to Doug and Kristie for your considerable time and efforts devoted to making the JC site and message boards such a fun and informative place to hang out on the net.

To you and yours, and to everyone in the JC family, I wish the happiest of Thanksgivings!

FL270

<religion alert>
May God bless you all!
</religion alert>

[ QUOTE ]
<religion alert>
May God bless you all!
</religion alert>

[/ QUOTE ]
Too funny!

Hope everyone has a great holiday. I think I read Kristie posting a while back that Thanksgiving blows the doors off Christmas, and I totally agree. All the fun, none of the pressure and shameless consumerism.

Not to mention - shamelessly overstuffing oneself! hahaha

Have a really great holiday everyone - enjoy it and thank you for make this site possible. without you, there would be no Jetcareers.com or squawk box!! HAHA
grin.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif

I'll be working on my tan
cool.gif
-- leaving for Hawaii tomorrow, my dad and his wife moved to Kona in March. Planning on getting checked out in an airplane and doing the 'round-the-island self-tour with the folks. A Hawaiian Thanksgiving should be interesting!

this was sent to me bay a pal, (who is a retired USAF pilot , flew the SR-71)

True Perspective of being Poor

One day a father of a very wealthy family took his son on a trip to the country with the firm purpose of showing his son how poor people live. They spent a couple of days and nights on the farm of what would be considered a
very poor family. On their return from their trip, the father asked his son, "How was the trip?" "It was great, Dad." "Did you see how poor people live?", asked the father. "Oh yeah," said the son. "So tell me, what did you learn from the trip?" asked the father. The son answered: "I saw that we have one dog and they had four. We have a pool that reaches to the middle of our garden and they have a creek that has no end. We have imported lanterns in our garden and they have the stars at night. Our patio reaches to the front yard and they have the whole horizon. We have a small piece of land to live on and they have fields that go beyond our sight. We have servants who serve us, but they serve others.
We buy our food, but they grow theirs. We have walls around our property to protect us, they have friends to protect them."

The boy's father was speechless. Then his son added, "Thanks, Dad, for showing me how poor we are."

NOTE: Isn't perspective a wonderful thing? Makes you wonder what would happen if we all gave thanks for everything we have, instead of worrying about what we don't have. Appreciate every single thing you have, especially your
friends.

Ditto on the thanks for this great site!!

What a wild, weird and wonderful extended family you all make.
wink.gif

Best wishes to you all and your families/friends/significant others for a safe and happy Turkey Day!!

R2F

Well I would just like to say how thankful I am for JC. JC has opened up a world to me that is totally amazing. Sure, Ive read books and watched planes land and take off. But JC has made it simple for me to ask questions and get real professional answers. Thanks JetCareers. My thanks to all the wonderful people on this site especially Doug and Kristie. Thanks!

HAPPY THANKSGIVING! There are soooooo many things I have to be thankful for this year, and one of them near the top of the list is thanks for all the new friends made in the past few months. Especially in Vegas... great how in one weekend I met so many wonderful people who I hope will remain friends via JC and travel for a long time. Happy Holidays to all of you!

I'll add my wishes to a happy Thanksgiving and safe travels, if you're hitting the road, to everyone!

Back