Thanks Newark Tower!

Teller1900

We had a long layover today in Newark, so my crew and I worked it out to get a tour of the Tower. We were all quite excited, and I must say we were not disappointed. Not sure if anyone on here works at EWR, but I wanted to say, on behalf of all four of us, thank you very much for a great morning and fantastic tour. We learned a lot, and your hospitality is very much appreciated!

I need to get up there sometime as well. I work there (the airport not the tower) and after listening to them for over a year would like to meet (most) of them. I enjoy the guy who works tower at night who says hello to all the different carriers in their native language.

Did you just call their listed number?

I need to get up there sometime as well. I work there (the airport not the tower) and after listening to them for over a year would like to meet (most) of them. I enjoy the guy who works tower at night who says hello to all the different carriers in their native language.

Did you just call their listed number?

Its really a lot of fun, and a great learning experience! You're CJC too, right? The number that's listed on our paperwork and in the phone book have bot been disconnected. I just called clearance delivery on the radio and asked for a number. I can pm it to you if you want.

Just a shame that we can't get the same benefits any more from the pilots. FAM trips were a great experience (so i've been told) and would be very beneficial to all the off the street hires that are coming into the agency.

Just a shame that we can't get the same benefits any more from the pilots. FAM trips were a great experience (so i've been told) and would be very beneficial to all the off the street hires that are coming into the agency.

If it were up to us (pilots), you would. The TSA/FAA/Etc government regulations don't make it possible.

I loved being able to ask specific questions and "see" things from a different perspective in real time. "Why did he sequence us that way?"

We (DAL) also used to allow the FA's up front for takeoffs and landings within certain restrictions (no weight and balance comments please).

EEEERG EEEEEERG "Stabilizer motion!"

The ride along program was fantastic and if it were up to most pilots, it'd be back in full force.

The FAA COO says they're working on bringing it back, in some form.

It was invaluable on both sides. I would love if more pilots would come to ATL TRACON so they could see what we did and why we did certain things. Just like I used to do on FAM's. The new program will require you to go out and back on the same day. Totally useless taking short hops. Long flights gave much needed input/learning experiences for both ATC and our pilot brethren.

Back