Thank you, thank you, thank you!

"I really enjoyed our talk"

I enjoyed our talk, too. You can only talk about airplanes so much. It's funny you knew I was coming. What I really wanted to do was crash the party unannounced and see if anyone could figure out who I was. Kristie's advance warning of security to get into the place nixed that. I think, though, as it turned out, I could have done it. Now that would have been a hoot.

DE727UPS said:
I have to add my two cents....

I didn't know what to expect when trying to find room 441 on the 17th floor of the MGM Grand. I'm in my mid-40's and not really all that adventurous but there I was, in Vegas, looking for a party with a bunch of people I only know from the internet. It was quite a moment....

The friggen most incredible hotel suite I've ever seen.
Free beer.
Grown men, fully clothed, in the hot tub.
Free beer.
Getting to talk to a wide range of JC folks from corporate jet Capts to 50 hour PPL's.
Did I mention the free beer?

Anyhow, a wonderful time was had by all and I'd highly recommend attending the next NJC function.

I ended up with a bunch of FSA direct entry brochures but misplaced them while at McCarren in the men's room. Did anybody see those things?

So what was there free?:p

DE727UPS said:
"I really enjoyed our talk"

I enjoyed our talk, too. You can only talk about airplanes so much. It's funny you knew I was coming. What I really wanted to do was crash the party unannounced and see if anyone could figure out who I was. Kristie's advance warning of security to get into the place nixed that. I think, though, as it turned out, I could have done it. Now that would have been a hoot.

I almost didn't recognize you when I saw you! And thats only because your were wearing a hat.
Had your plan to crash NJC been successful and you had not worn a hat I would have recognized you from the picture in your perspectives article.

-Matthew

DE727UPS said:
I enjoyed our talk, too. You can only talk about airplanes so much.

Yeah, that was one of the most fun things of the whole night. We so destroyed the stereotype about pilots only being able to talk about airplanes. I think we all talked about the sim ride -- way cool, Pengy, by the way -- a bit but that was it.

And JD, it would have been nice to have someone doing the sim ride with you who had a clue what the gauges meant when they killed one of your engines, eh? :)

tonyw said:
Yeah, that was one of the most fun things of the whole night. We so destroyed the stereotype about pilots only being able to talk about airplanes. I think we all talked about the sim ride -- way cool, Pengy, by the way -- a bit but that was it.

And JD, it would have been nice to have someone doing the sim ride with you who had a clue what the gauges meant when they killed one of your engines, eh? :)

Hey, don't knock yourself. The oil pressure definitely was low, after all, right?

Um, yeah. The oil pressure was definitely low. And hey, everyone still lived. We might have broken some things after going off the runway, but I don't think anyone died. Except the maid who had to pick your underwear off the top of the tv when we all left!

So I leave my underwear around in random places when I'm packing after three hours of sleep and while I'm still probably buzzing.

Is that so wrong?:)

Hey. Someone called Jim and Lloyd to tell them that 9FI was closed and we weren't there, right? I'd hate to think they're still wandering around looking for us!

Doug, Kritie, and everyone else. Had a blast, man! Sorry I was only there a short time, and ducked out early. I had good information that DL was going to cancel flights into MCO and DAB,(which they did last night and today. Terminals still empty and DCI flights resume at 16:00), so with loads sucking all day Sunday, I had to catch a redeye to BOS then on to ATL and DAB. Sim rides were fun icluding Loyd's single engine no electrical crash. Don, it was great to finally meet you and put a face to the anti-DCA marketing agency. It was great to finally meet more people, and see some familliar ones. Sucks that Mike had some black op to take care of.

tonyw said:
So I leave my underwear around in random places when I'm packing after three hours of sleep and while I'm still probably buzzing.

Is that so wrong?:)
hey.. that's ok! at least someone left underwear somewhere!! :rawk:

as it was, when we checked out of the suite, i found out that i really didn't *need* to clean up and they were very appreciative that I did considering what they see after "some" of the parties that are held in those suites...lets just say that i now understand why the suite looked "partied" in..ewwwww...:p

H46Bubba said:
so with loads sucking all day Sunday, I had to catch a redeye to BOS then on to ATL and DAB. Sim rides were fun icluding Loyd's single engine no electrical crash.
LAS-BOS-ATL-DAB? that MUST'VE SUCKED!!

Still very glad you came out!!! :nana2: next time, Nona's gotta get a babysitter for the two kiddo's and come out with you, we missed her!!! :)

jdflight said:
Hey. Someone called Jim and Lloyd to tell them that 9FI was closed and we weren't there, right? I'd hate to think they're still wandering around looking for us!

Nope, we were crossing the skywalk and ran into Mpengy and then ESF and his girlfriend. They gave us the news. Lloyd and the other Jim then went back to the Luxor to partake in a few more beverages. I went to teh apt because I did not dare crash at the hotel with teh early flight.

And an additional note.

NetworkJC is heavily planned around attendee feedback, polling and suggestions.

Make sure you visit the 'after networkjc' forum and give us your input. If you'd like, you can also private message or email Kristie or myself.

Yeah I was packing and found the undies on top of the TV. I started cracking up and thinking, "Sign of a good party!" It was so awesome meeting you all. Particularly those who I hadn't had a chance to meet previous, like Jon, Don, Jim, Mike, Lloyd, etc etc etc! A sincere pleasure to meet every single one of you. Can't wait to do it again!

Back