Textron closing $1.4 billion purchase of Beechcraft Corp

You fly a 4000? I always liked them, shame how it fared.
Boss is dumping it and probably going to get a Falcon. Until the thrill returns, I'm taking a break.

The 4000 is a good plane that deserved better. I don't see anybody figuring out a way to make money by buying rights and supporting it.

Boss is dumping it and probably going to get a Falcon. Until the thrill returns, I'm taking a break.

The 4000 is a good plane that deserved better. I don't see anybody figuring out a way to make money by buying rights and supporting it.

Just wondering, the engine and avionics are still under warranty but there isn't any airframe support?

Just wondering, the engine and avionics are still under warranty but there isn't any airframe support?
For the most part, engines, yes, avionics is a bit of a mixed bag.

The aircraft can be adequately supported right now, what everybody is afraid of is a killer AD with no remedy.

Thanks for the answer, any idea if anyone with a Premier is in the same boat? I don't deal with either of these types and I'm curious.

Thanks for the answer, any idea if anyone with a Premier is in the same boat? I don't deal with either of these types and I'm curious.
On paper, I think the Premier is in the same boat. However, I think the Premier will fare better - more popular class, cheaper, fewer bells and whistles.

4000 always looked like an 800 got stung by a bee on the ramp (no offense, it's just bigger and softer, kind of swollen but not in a bad way). Hawkers fill a niche thats not been filled yet. Best of luck with whatever you get.

Sad thing is the BE-99, especially the C model, is a darn fine aircraft, and provides reasonably nice passenger service for =< 14 people, as long as they don't expect 747 "Golden Chariot" service into East Nowhereburg Municipal Airport.

Richman

Here's a copy of the letter sent out today:

"As a valued business partner we are sharing with you that today marks the close of Textron’s acquisition of Beech Holdings, the parent company of Beechcraft Corporation. This makes Beechcraft a member of the Textron family. Textron also announced it will bring together the Cessna and Beechcraft businesses under a new segment, Textron Aviation.
The iconic Beechcraft, Cessna and Hawker brands will remain distinct within Textron Aviation to preserve their rich histories and respective attributes in the marketplace.
We are proud to be powered by suppliers like you who, along with our talented workforce, bring to bear decades of unmatched experience. Working together, Textron Aviation will continue to deliver on our commitment to producing high quality aircraft and providing world-class service to our customers.
Today is not only a milestone moment for the newly formed Textron Aviation, but for our entire industry. I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your partnership and continued support."

Looks like the Hawker name will be around for a little while......

Looks like the Hawker name will be around for a little while......
But they are not going to reinstate their cancelled warranties and they still want to be paid in advance for parts covered on warranties. They have made no commitments for long-term support of the Hawker line and have cancelled the free upgrade program that will keep the 4000 in compliance with the FAA. Owners, who have contracts for the free upgrade, now must pony up $1 million to have the work completed...if anyone will continue to support the upgrade.

It's a train wreck.

Last edited:
But they are not going to reinstate their cancelled warranties and they still want to be paid in advance for parts covered on warranties. They have made no commitments for long-term support of the Hawker line and have cancelled the free upgrade program that will keep the 4000 in compliance with the FAA. Owners, who have contracts for the promising a free upgrade, now must pony up $1 million to have the work completed...if anyone will continue to support the upgrade.

It's a train wreck.

It's hard to sell Citations if Hawkers are just going to stick around...

But they are not going to reinstate their cancelled warranties and they still want to be paid in advance for parts covered on warranties. Even worse, they have made no commitments for long-term support of the Hawker line.
No surprise. AND expect it to get worse with the new leadership; just look what's happened at Cessna

Back