Texas work.

HTXFLYER

This is my first post so I will try and be brief. I currently live in Houston and looking for a flying job around town. Also, I'm willing to relocate to Dallas or Austin. I have a lot of time instructing in piston twins, and a little bit of king air time from a brief stint as a charter pilot. I'm willing to fly whatever, whenever. Ready to get back to the grind. Thanks.

1450 total time
800 multi
Gold Seal CFI, CFII, MEI

I fly here and there in a bonanza with a guy working on his IRA ticket. Another has a BE-20 and wants me right seat but for no money so I turned that down.;)

Could you even log the King Air (BE-20) SIC time?

I do not know I these companies are hiring. Your King Air time might put you ahead of other applicants. Western Airways (Houston King Air) or Paradigm Jet Management Austin (King Air) and Houston.

On 135 flights (when I was employed by Western Airways) I could log SIC if the insurance required two pilots and there was a CVR. No, I did not sign off as PIC on the flights so the time could be worthless to bigger carriers or some flight departments.

Yes at Western. It was a last hired first fired situation. Apparently they lost a few king air contracts in one day and had to cut me loose.
I had a small amount of time compared to most of the older guys there and got the job through a friend of mine.

Anyways, thanks for the links and leads. I'll look into them. I do appreciate your time.

Anybody have any job ideas for somebody like myself with about 900tt and not very much multi? I cant wait to get out of flight instruction and move back to Texas

On 135 flights (when I was employed by Western Airways) I could log SIC if the insurance required two pilots and there was a CVR. No, I did not sign off as PIC on the flights so the time could be worthless to bigger carriers or some flight departments.
if you want to instruct, call Redbird Skyport at KHYI in San Marcos. The VERY BEST and everything top notch! all 172's have the G1000 Glass and are 2012 models and a new Seminole. Great group. Call and ask for Roy

Back