Telex 50D problems, help.

Blip16

so i have already sent this back to Telex once, and am about to send it back again. the freaking headset won't work in a 172SP. it works great in the other airplanes i fly (Warriors, Arrows, Seminoles, Champ), and in 2 of the 4 SR20's i used to fly. but not in the 172SP.

when the push to talk is used either by me or the other person, all the volume comes out of the earcup opposite the mic boom and at double the volume and non adjustable (it seems like all the volume, but it problably isn't, it is way too loud). if i position my head so i am looking towards the inside of the airplane rather than straight ahead then the volume equals out and comes out of both sides. but it is hard to fly an airplane when you aren't looking forward. again this ONLY happens in the 172SP

Sounds like an issue in the audio jacks. Just based on the fact that the headset has already been back to the factory and works in nearly all the other a/c you fly, it could easily be an airplane issue and not headset.

Sounds like an issue in the audio jacks. Just based on the fact that the headset has already been back to the factory and works in nearly all the other a/c you fly, it could easily be an airplane issue and not headset.
yeah, i plan to try and talk with our avionics people tomorrow and see what they have to say because other wise i guess i will just sell it and buy a Zulu :(

I have a 50D and have no problem in amy of the airplanes I fly in, ncluding a 172SP.

Headset works fine in everything except one airplane? Best bet is the one airplane.

I have a 50D and have no problem in amy of the airplanes I fly in, ncluding a 172SP.

Headset works fine in everything except one airplane? Best bet is the one airplane.
no, we have 15 or 20 172SP's, it does the same thing in every single one :( i do have a co-worker who also has a 50D and he has no issues

Back