Telex 30XT cellphone interface

Kestrel452

Just got it today. How do I connect my motorola razr to the headset? I dont see any jacks on it that would socket with the included cable :(

Maybe I'm just an old fart and way behind the times, but why in the world would someone need to connect their cellphone to their headset?

:confused:

I listen to MP3s on my Blackberry while in flight all the time. One less thing to carry.

Maybe I'm just an old fart and way behind the times, but why in the world would someone need to connect their cellphone to their headset?

:confused:
You mean you've never seen someone pick up a cell phone on an airline after landing to call someone to say they landed so they can be met by someone? Ever try to do it in a noisy light airplane cockpit? Ok, how about
  • To call FSS for a clearance at a non-towered airport where the radio use isn't an option and you don't want to rush to meet the 10-minute void time window.
  • To call a friend from the ground while taxiing for some reason (I did this one on a mountain training flight - we agreed to call him when we landed at airport B and were ready to depart to meet him at airport C.
  • In case of an emergency or something similar (Last spring we found a gear problem when flying to visit a friend at his private airstrip in a remote area. No one answered the multicomm so I called fro the air - very helpful.

I'm sure if you think about it, even an old fart can figure out a fee ;)

Back