TED's rear end

Re: TED\'s rear end

Fly Delta, we've got quite a few of the old WP jets.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Look out homophobes...
tongue.gif

[/ QUOTE ]Homophobes?! What could possibly motivate you to say that?
confused.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

This thread In which you've participated...you know Ted (a male's name) his rear end...you know a joke.
crazy.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Shh!

(in a whisper)

The "LCC" carriers do wacky stuff to make you think they're 'low price' as a marketing ploy!

[/ QUOTE ]
It's like the whole "outlet mall" ploy. People go to these malls and buy stuff they don't need (and don't even like) from several seasons ago because they think they're getting such a "deal," when they could do just as well shopping for in-season stuff they actually like when these stores have sales in the regular mall.

But, people are stupid and easily fooled.

BTW, where's Gay Pilot? I thought this thread title would be such a softball for him! (Seriously, GP, you crack me up!!)

grin.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif

Gosh... from their website... I guess this is what happens when someone finds out they're getting ripped off? The plane turns into a beach ball?

beachball_1_344x162.jpg

Geez, now they're going to feel insulTED

round trip DEN-MCO just quoted at 381.50. BUT! I get to have fun on Ted... so its ok..

Just as a side note... my Lufthansa ticket JFK-Hannover / FRA-JFK cost me $360.00 USD, round trip. And I'll get a meal, and no annoying "entertainment" asking me to guess the gross weight of the aircraft I was flying on.

From an actual Song flight:

F/A (wearing clown-nose): sir would you like to participate in our SONG trivia? Can you remember how much the captain said this plane weighs?

Me: whaaa? trivia?

F/A: Yep! Just take a stab at how much our 757 weighs, and you can win a prize!

Me: like a free flight?

F/A: Uhhh, no not exactly. Today we're giving away chapstick from AVON.

Me: well... hmm this is a boeing type 757-232... do you want the t/o gross weight, max landing or takeoff, usefull load? If you want the current gross weight I'd have to know how many pounds of fuel are onboard, or gallons multiplied by 6... Lets just keep it at this.. hmm- Operating empty with P&W PW2037s would bring us up to 127,520lbs, 127,810lb with the Rolls Royce counterparts, lets just say our current weight is under 220,000lbs but over the empty I just mentioned. Hows that?

F/A: ohh uhh... you're a pilot... you can't play.

DARNIT!

didn't get the chapstick, probably the reason no one will kiss me anymore.

Can't you all take this more seriously....they InvesTED a lot of money into this venture.

Ok......I admit it....pretty dumb.

Well, I, for one, think its been brilliant. Look at all the hype they've created! It's even gotten some of you to quote ticket prices.

Now whether they can turn a profit and make it in the long run is a whole 'nother ball of wax. But, its a stroke of marketing genius, which is the first big step in making money.

Seems to me they have something to be exciTED about!

Sorry, couldn't pass it up.
grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Shh!

(in a whisper)

The "LCC" carriers do wacky stuff to make you think they're 'low price' as a marketing ploy!

[/ QUOTE ]

That's right Low Cost means that their cost is low, yours may not be.
smirk.gif

Delta's Western acquisition was a stroke of genius.

Buy Western and now become the biggest airline in the LA basin, then send all of the assets east to Atlanta then absolutely gut the network.

Woo hoo!

Those sure are some funky looking engines on those old 737-200s. Didn't Delta aquire Eastern too?

No. Eastern was the only part of the "Lorenzo empire" that was not merged in to Continental in 1987 ... the so-called "Big Bang", when four airlines (Continental, Texas International, PeoplExpress, and New York Air) became one. Eastern was embroiled in labor disputes and was left out. Eventually the company went T-U and the parts were sold off. A number of airlines got a some of the routes and airframes; I don't believe that Delta got any substantial part of them.

As to the 737-200 engines, it surprises some people to know that they are P&W JT8Ds ... the same engines that power the DC-9, MD-80, and 727. The -300 and up 737s are powered by CFM56 engines.

FL270

Back