Tailwheel Endrosement ... all but finished

pilot602

If specified, this will replace the title that
Well,

It took a little longer than I thought (scheduling wise) but I've got about an hour to go in my 10-hr block and I'll be signed off for my tailwheel endorsement and checkout to rent the aircraft.

If any of you ever have the chance to do the tailwheel endorsement jump on it like a fat man on a twinke!

It's a blast!

It's amazing how 10 hours in an 80hp kite will sharpen your flying skills.

And there is nothing like greasing a wheel landing - or rolling it on one wheel at a time.

Just a pure blast.

I'm going to aim at flying it at least once a month ... not nearly as much as I'd like to but what ya gonna do?

I don't care how far along you are in your training, or career, if you haven't flown a tailwheel you're missing out on some great fun and skills!

[ QUOTE ]
Well,

It took a little longer than I thought (scheduling wise) but I've got about an hour to go in my 10-hr block and I'll be signed off for my tailwheel endorsement and checkout to rent the aircraft.

If any of you ever have the chance to do the tailwheel endorsement jump on it like a fat man on a twinke!

It's a blast!

It's amazing how 10 hours in an 80hp kite will sharpen your flying skills.

And there is nothing like greasing a wheel landing - or rolling it on one wheel at a time.

Just a pure blast.

I'm going to aim at flying it at least once a month ... not nearly as much as I'd like to but what ya gonna do?

I don't care how far along you are in your training, or career, if you haven't flown a tailwheel you're missing out on some great fun and skills!

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you ready to get into Ag like the guy I witnessed doing it at night.

That would be a blast!

Actually I've been thinking about that very thing ... but I'd think I'd need a few more hours than what's in my book now.

Interesting story though.

My father (when he was building time) was a farmer (bought his farm at 18) and he put in a grass strip and eventually lighted it, sold gas and it was on the sectional as a public airport for his little town.

Anyway, it was a 1/2 mile strip and he'd get ag pilots ocassionaly.

He was talking to one of 'em one day about short field takeoffs and the pilot said, those infamous words, "watch this."

He took his aircraft out to the end of strip and stood on the brakes while he ran it up to full power. He eased off the brakes just enough to get the tail up and then locked the brakes again. The aircraft was now "standing" on it's main gear. At this point the pilot let the brakes go and the aircraft lept forward. He let it roll about 1-and-a-half to two aircraft lengths and slammed the tail into the ground. When the tail hit the aircraft started to climb and he departed the area.

The dude took off in about two aircraft lengths!

That's just pure horsepower and skill there.

Back