T-Bone on I-470 in KC

WacoFan

Bigly
I have questions if anyone is in KC or knows anything about this, or T-Bones in general.

1) This specific airplane - it looks a HELL of a lot like one that used to be in the KC area owned by a guy named Sy Royce. The FAA registration database doesn't go back that far and it had gone to places other than KC but I could swear this used to be based in KC. If it's the same plane, my Grandpa borrowed it in the 70's for a trip to Phoenix and I rode in it (I can't remember the N number - I was 7).

2) Will a T-Bone with one occupant fly on one engine (I know they can)? So, does the article says the left failed - I was assuming both had failed. Does anyone know the story? Neither prop was feathered in the pictures I've seen of this.

Possible misfuelling leading to failure/loss of power?

Let's all speculate on the cause!

Disappointed.

Was expecting a picture of a steak on an interstate.

That’s just a waste of a steak.

As for @WacoFan ’s questions...yea I was wondering many of the same things. All I got from the news was that 1) pilot was flying solo, 2) had just departed LXT, and 3) the left engine failed.

I can't imagine an empty airplane with a fully functioning right engine couldn't have climbed, made a pattern and landed back at LXT.

There was another cellphone video of the aircraft on the ground, at a stop, with 2 props turning. :ooh:

Word on Beech Talk is the right engine failed and would not feather. Probably had the religion of under-powered piston twins if one fails, the other will lead you to the scene of the accident. A rotating prop in full pitch would be a big difference.

70DF835E-09BA-4B46-B7A0-DC30FBEEF57C.jpeg

Back