T-6 Complete

Status
Not open for further replies.

alphaone

Finished up my form checkride in the T-6 today. What an eight month ride this has been (including IFS). I have had the highest of highs and some big lows, all standard for UPT. I have also figured out what I am good at with flying and what I am not so good with. Thanks to the likes of Frogflyer, Hacker, MikeD, Ian and others who have helped me through. Now on to bigger and better things, our track is Monday.

Congrats!!! That's flight school for most of us, good and bad. I hope you get what you want.

Enjoy the ride as much as possible and keep notes of the highs and lows. You will look back at some point and realize this is some of the BEST flying you will ever do. They give you and airplane without 50 mission requirements and tell you, 'Go and fly." They buy the fuel, do the maintenance and pay you. The just-go-fly thing...that won't happen much after you pin on your wings.

Enjoy the ride as much as possible and keep notes of the highs and lows. You will look back at some point and realize this is some of the BEST flying you will ever do. They give you and airplane without 50 mission requirements and tell you, 'Go and fly." They buy the fuel, do the maintenance and pay you. The just-go-fly thing...that won't happen much after you pin on your wings.

You flew for the military? Not sure what you're saying here. You don't just get a plant to go fly, you only fly to complete an X and if there is not X to complete, you don't get an aircraft. You can hop rides in the back of other X's but it's all about maximizing training and the dollar. There is no just go fly from what I've seen, especially not for a student. No doubt it was different back in the day.

You flew for the military? Not sure what you're saying here. You don't just get a plant to go fly, you only fly to complete an X and if there is not X to complete, you don't get an aircraft. You can hop rides in the back of other X's but it's all about maximizing training and the dollar. There is no just go fly from what I've seen, especially not for a student. No doubt it was different back in the day.

Yes, I did -37s and -38s in UPT and they gave us a bird for solo to go practice skills. Yes, we had a syllabus but it was mostly a time line, x hrs solo and x hours dual which did have graded items.

We did some fun stuff for sure. 4 ship with 3 solos and only 1 dual.. close trail and all that. But once out of UPT, everything had a wad and a half of requirements (training, currency, etc) and time was always the enemy. Too little time to complete too many tasks.

When you leave UPT with your wings the serious stuff starts. Not to say it isn't fun but there are just lots of requirements to be accomplished and then, yes, you don't get an airplane unless their is a mission.

Attachments

• MQ-1.jpg
    MQ-1.jpg
    12.2 KB · Views: 72
Ouch!

And to alphaone. Congratulations! T-6 complete is a great milestone. When do you track, and what are you hoping for?

Ouch!

And to alphaone. Congratulations! T-6 complete is a great milestone. When do you track, and what are you hoping for?

I'll at least answer the last question since he isn't here...he told me in the texts we have been shooting back and forth that he put T-1s first.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back