Switching Schools after Commercial

SierraPilot

I was thinking about switching schools after I complete my Commercial ASEL/AMEL at Sierra, mainly because its very expensive to live in California, and it would be alot more economical on a CFI's pay to live somewhere cheap, however I was concerned if I would still be eligable to for the internship program at FSA??.

I obviously could finish up my CFI at Sierra, but then I then I know Academys only hire from within for instructors at the majority of them so it makes sense if I'm going to do that that I do do that at the end of my commercial.

I guess the other concern is FSA doesnt appear to have any agreements with ERAU for college classes which Sierra does, although I guess I could try to enroll in a extended campus on my own if they had one near FSA. Has anyone tried this??

Any thoughts on the subject??

Ryan

[ QUOTE ]
I guess the other concern is FSA doesnt appear to have any agreements with ERAU for college classes which Sierra does, although I guess I could try to enroll in a extended campus on my own if they had one near FSA. Has anyone tried this??

[/ QUOTE ]

Yup, you sure can. You can take classes through Patrick AFB- I believe its one of ERAU's EC centers. Not only that, but there have been actual ERAU classes taught at FSI by one of the asst. chiefs. Call FSI for more details, but I would say ERAU and FSI have more of a connection than you think.

Back