SWA FO application window opened today

ZapBrannigan

If it ain’t a Boeing, I’m not going. No choice.
Just saw on LinkedIn that the application window opened today for FOs. Not sure how long it’ll stay open. Good luck to everyone that applies. Feel free to PM with questions. I’ll be honest about the good, and the bad. I’ve worked for lots of airlines so I feel qualified to share things that I think are great, and areas of improvement.

Junior base still oakland/lax? If one wanted orlando, how long would it take if hired today? Upgrades still 10+ years or looking to decrease with hiring and retirments?

Junior base still oakland/lax? If one wanted orlando, how long would it take if hired today? Upgrades still 10+ years or looking to decrease with hiring and retirments?

Your guess is as good as mine. OAK and LAX are currently junior but DEN is forecast to grow. Haven't heard many rumors about growth at Orlando. I wouldn't bank on it.

As far as upgrades... plan for a decade and be pleasantly surprised if it's less. The good news, at least from the W2 thread over on APC, is that most FOs are earning well north of $200,000, which takes a little of the sting out of the lengthy upgrade. A little.

giphy.gif

Your guess is as good as mine. OAK and LAX are currently junior but DEN is forecast to grow. Haven't heard many rumors about growth at Orlando. I wouldn't bank on it.

As far as upgrades... plan for a decade and be pleasantly surprised if it's less. The good news, at least from the W2 thread over on APC, is that most FOs are earning well north of $200,000, which takes a little of the sting out of the lengthy upgrade. A little.

giphy.gif
long time! But that pay would take the sting away. What's the hiring plans next year, 1500?

For those that are curious. Looks like the window opened on Oct 3 and will run 10 days. May the odds be ever in your favor (and mine) :)

Back