SWA and ATC privileges...

venividibitchy

Does anyone here happen to work for SWA?

What is the likelihood that an air traffic controller might receive the chance to fly in the jumpseat, if they were scheduled on a particular flight?

I know security measures are tight these days, but is it worthwhile to even ask?

Thanks in advance;

It has nothing to do with a particular airline. Its regulatory in nature. Hopefully this will be worked on in the future but the jumpseat is a very political item and there are alot of folks who work very hard fighting for even their own pilots to use the jumpseat.

10 years ago, this would have happened.

Now? Not so much.

Personally I'd love to have a Newark ground controller on our jumpseat when I spend 5 hours in the ball park one night. THAT would be hilarious.

I got dibs

10 years ago, this would have happened.

Now? Not so much.

Personally I'd love to have a Newark ground controller on our jumpseat when I spend 5 hours in the ball park one night. THAT would be hilarious.

I call the happy guy.

Even less than 10 years ago... some of our forms still had that on it. Even in our opspecs, it was there... just had to be approved by company. If you have a legit reason, IE, route observations etc, then it could be worked out. If it is for vacation, or fun, prob. no chance.

I think up till last year, 9L had provisions for it, but friends in center said it was pretty much strictly forbiddon on that side.

From my persepctive, you help us do our jobs, and keep us safe... i'd give ya a ride, but it's not up to me.

Back