SWA Adds Boarding Fee

With Southwest you do it not to get the middle seats. With carriers like UA, people want to get on board ASAP so they don't have to gate check their stuff. When you gate check something on mainline UA and you're going to a hub, it RARELY gets put on your connecting flight. It usually ends up in the hubs bag room and doesn't have your name anywhere on it more likely than not. Not sure if WN does the same thing, but I wouldn't imagine the 737 can handle every passenger bringing a carry-on onboard.

I'm pretty sure the 737 cant handle all the carryons, just my my experience. Last time I jumpseated, there were 3 seats left and no bin room. Thankfully they let me throw my bag in the flightdeck.

who the hell wants to sit on the plane LONGER?

i never understood the appeal of boarding as quick as possible.

im always just sitting my a nice, roomy, open lobby until the very last people are at the door, then i walk up, walk in, sit down.

why get cramped earlier?? :dunno:

X2
If the boarding door almost hits me on the butt as I step in, I haved planned the boarding right.

I ended up going BOS-IAH-TPA a couple weeks back, and of course being standby I was the last on, but CO at least in BOS has thermal bag tag printers at the gate podium, rather than hand writing tags, that always seemed to not go to the right place. At least now they look like a regular checked bag, and for the record both of our bags made the 30 minute connection. I thought it was pretty slick.
Thats a great idea. UA is WAY to cheap to ever do that tho. I'd be less surprised if they put 747s on SFO-LAX than I would be if they actually did something smart like that.

11minutes with open air on either side of me is better than 11 minutes of johnny sixpack next to me.

I'd rather get the window seat. It's usually best to board with the preboards and other non revs to ensure you get a window seat on SWA these days.

I'd rather get the window seat. It's usually best to board with the preboards and other non revs to ensure you get a window seat on SWA these days.

Window VS aisle... I go for the aisle so i don't feel as cramped. I find the windows on the 737-300 are really low too.

Window VS aisle... I go for the aisle so i don't feel as cramped. I find the windows on the 737-300 are really low too.

Like Mikecweb, I'm coming off a long nights work most of the time when I'm catching a ride. I prefer to lean against the wall and sleep. An aisle seat would cause me to lean on my neighbor in the middle seat and I don't think they would like that very much.:p

Like Mikecweb, I'm coming off a long nights work most of the time when I'm catching a ride. I prefer to lean against the wall and sleep. An aisle seat would cause me to lean on my neighbor in the middle seat and I don't think they would like that very much.:p

depends on who your sitting next to. I sat next to hayden panettiere....
hayden-panettiere-fhm.jpg

Well uh yeah....you win.
Agreed. Win.

I almost went to JFK the other day, but decided not to go at the last minute since coming back was too sketchy. Turns out Brenda Song would have been sitting behind me. Damn it.

Make sure to tell the FA that you require a window seat because you're a pilot. I've heard that works well from someone who used to be on here......

Make sure to tell the FA that you require a window seat because you're a pilot. I've heard that works well from someone who used to be on here......

I say I prefer a window because I am a pilot...but I absolutely make sure that I introduce myself to the cockpit crew and tell them I am a PPL in case they need me for anything and that I have light taildragger time.

Back