Sunday in and out

sdfcvoh

This is my Custom Title
So I'm still dying to go, and I could make it Sunday, but the logistics are not good. I need to be back in Tucson before Monday morning with the plane. Plus, I'd be landing at North Vegas and would need a ride to/from cause $ is tight - too tight for a cab.

Thoughts anyone?

Depending on the way your paying for training, I would suggest going to McCarran. I used to get a credit card on XC's for fuel from my Flight School, so paying the fuel charge wasn't a big deal. McCarran is easy because you can get a crew car for a few hours, or they have a shuttle that will take you to the strip and back free of charge if you'll be in town longer than a few hours.

VGT has a shuttle TO the strip, but you'll have to find your own way back. McCarran is also alot closer to the strip in the first place. I've always gone to Signature and they will wave your ramp charge if you buy 7 gallons of their highly priced fuel. Just an idea.

I thought McCarran had a $30 landing fee, too. Or is that just Signature's ramp charge? Sounds like a great idea. Unless the $30 landing fee is in addition to everything else. I could purchase the minimum fuel, then fly to North Vegas to fuel up for the trip home.

Depending on the way your paying for training, I would suggest going to McCarran. I used to get a credit card on XC's for fuel from my Flight School, so paying the fuel charge wasn't a big deal. McCarran is easy because you can get a crew car for a few hours, or they have a shuttle that will take you to the strip and back free of charge if you'll be in town longer than a few hours.

VGT has a shuttle TO the strip, but you'll have to find your own way back. McCarran is also alot closer to the strip in the first place. I've always gone to Signature and they will wave your ramp charge if you buy 7 gallons of their highly priced fuel. Just an idea.

No landing fee. Signature just has their ramp charge, but they wave it if you buy 7 gallons. Getting into McCarran is easier than you'd think, too. Here's the VFR arrival they use from the South. Cross Henderson airport at 4000, then cross the McCarran RWY 25 numbers at 4000, then right turn 010. Puts you on the downwind for 19R, then base at the Stratosphere and your good to go. Signature is an easy taxi off of 19R.

When I was doing my training I must have been up there to McCarran for lunch on the strip 3 times a week. Good times!

Back