Sumping Fuel Question

I know the problem was solved but:

Did you order that much fuel and just screw up the pre-flight estimate (it happens) or did they over-fuel you (it happens more often)?

If it's the latter, I say it's their mistake so their expense not yours.

-mini

No - my flying club has an unspoken policy of each guy filling the tanks when he's done with the plane (it gets charged to our account). I assumed they'd be filled from the last flight, but the last guy must have forgotten to ask them.

Orly? Well I'm not really into your form of logic or reasoning! :)

I'll make sure to file that one away for when I get recalled in 3 years :)

useless trivia, i'll admit. i only had to deal with overfuelling once when the the fueller at IAD loaded 1000 extra lbs while i was getting lunch. thankfully the pax count let us take it all as extra fuel (coordinated with dx of course), most of which we ended up having to use to get into newark that day :)

You keep your seat? I'm too lazy to go look at the list.

nope, but on the upside im bidding in the 20's and can get weekends, late starts and early finishes.

No - my flying club has an unspoken policy of each guy filling the tanks when he's done with the plane (it gets charged to our account). I assumed they'd be filled from the last flight, but the last guy must have forgotten to ask them.

Gotcha.

-mini

Not to sound like a SA but this thread sure does lack some common sense. Boy oh boy, what would some of us do stranded out in the woods after and engine failure? Maybe some of us would have to look in the POH to find out if the fuel is too contaminated to start some small fires with. I must admit that there are some dorks floating in this industry, yeah.

A large sump cup? Dude are you serious?

:yup:

Go ask any A&P and he'll say that is a good way to drain it. He'll also tell you that it is bad even if you put it in a clean container.

Back