Summer Travels Part II

mastermags

Well-Known Member *giggity*
Alright, well summer plans seem to be forming. I recently purchased an airline ticket to London for May, and am going to Italy for about seven days. My question to you Roman travelers is do you know anything about this CIS weekly ticket? Here's a link to the webpage:

Weekly ticket

This seems like a good deal for 16 Euro with unlimited passes on the subway and whatnot.... Does anyone have any experience with this. Just how easy is it to get to all the cool places in Rome with this kind of ticket?

Any info about getting around the city is greatly appreciated!!

Oh to have your life.

Know where I'm going on vacation?

Tennessee.... camping... because it's all we can afford with all these danged ratings.
wink.gif

Have a great time. I've been to England, but know nothing of the CIS.

Best of luck and PLEASE - keep us posted. I'll live vicariosly through you.
laugh.gif

R2F

Heh, thanks... but I would really kill to have your ratings right now, so we'll call it a fair trade!!!
smile.gif

So uh, this may be a dumb question but...

Why not get some ratings instead of travelling?

Just curious...
smile.gif

When I was in Rome we had no problem getting around using the metro (whatever they call it)

It is a pretty good deal. My wife and I are looking at heading to Italy this summer before we can't travel on AMC flights anymore. We were looking at flying to Germany and taking the Train to Rome. If you have never been you are going to love it. Amazing city. Watch out for the gypsy's!

Let me know if the Inferno nightclub is still there. If it is, you ought to check it out. It was pretty cool.

Have fun in Italy!

I'm currently learning their language and can't wait to go this next winter!
smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]
So uh, this may be a dumb question but...

Why not get some ratings instead of travelling?

Just curious...
smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, of my top passions, traveling is right under flying... and they say, the best traveling can be done when you are young, so Im doing what I can. I think you need time to live a little when you are young, not with your head always pointed forward... just so you can take in the scenery. So, there you go
smile.gif

Back to the original question, still looking for someone with CIS card experience!

Do you speak itailian? If not, I'd recommend learning just the basics if you can before you go. I bought a learn to speak Italian in 10 days CD set and it worked great. I can't discuss anything in depth but I can get around with the locals. Almost everyone there speaks English and the people are super friendly and will help you out if you get lost. I looked further and that card you are talking about gets you on the bus system too. You should have no problems. Got me thinking hard about wanting to go back this summer.

I think it is great you are traveling. Its great that some people focus on work work work but once you settle down with a family, traveling will be much more difficult. I am planting the seeds in my kids head to travel when they are in college some. I'd definately like them to study abroad a bit. You only live once (unless you believe in reincarnation) Enjoy yourself!

[ QUOTE ]
So, where is everyone else going this summer?

[/ QUOTE ]

Oshkosh.

Maybe a short cruise with my boyfriend late in the summer, when they are real cheap.

#1 goal is getting my CFI so nothing too extravagant.

Sarah

As a regular traveller to Italy(at least 4 times a year) I think I speak quite good italian.

I would definitely recommend everybody who wants to go there to learn at least the basic italian vocabulary, the people are more helpful and friendly if you start your conversation with some italian words.....I can tell you for sure, that even if they don't answer you in proper English, most of them will understand you if you talk slowly.

The most important words are not that much and difficult - you should be able to learn the basics within one or two days if you take it serious.

Hope you have a nice time in Italy!

I ended up at the Vatican somehow, then split a taxi going to the coliseum (8 euro with tip I think) and walked my way back easily hitting all the good stuff. you'll have an awesome time!
I was there less than 6 months ago and I got by with less than 7 italian words. Go to Florence while your there....actually skip it all and go to the beaches of Spain! They are the mcshizzle when it comes to beer and friendly hotties

Ok, an update on my trip. Im now looking to fly into Rome from London and have found a ticket for about $32 one way. Im looking to fly back to London from Venice and have found a ticket for $22 one way. Im looking for the cheapest way to get from Venice to Rome and have found a Eurostar ticket for $59 one way. Any one know any more about getting around Italy by train? Also, any info about Venice would be appreciated.

smile.gif

Back