Suggestions? Throw 'em at us!

derg

Apparently a "terse" writer
Staff member
As you know, Kristie and I are always asking for suggestions on how to improve the annual NetworkJC event. If you've got suggestions, let us know!

Let us know what worked, what didn't work. What do you want to see more of and what you want to see less of.

Be frank, you're not going to hurt our feelings! :)

Wow, it comes to point where there is only so much that you can do, afterall, you had free gifts, free food, free drinks, everything was free.

But, since you asked, maybe next year we can have more aviation type functions?

For me, I thought everthing was great just the way it was... I enjoyed the way things were laid back and very casual....

One thing that might be cool is if we had a central location for rooms, so we could all meet down in the lobby for events and that kind of thing. However, that would be a PITA for you to arrange so I wouldn't sweat it.

You and Kristie could charter a DL MD-90 and you could show us all how it is done first hand! Maybe even let some of us try to land and takeoff!

-Matthew

yea....in your dreams! :)

NOT....There's no way we're gonna be liable for something like that... whew...

I'd LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE to be able to arrange for a block of inexpensive, good-quality rooms on (or very near) the strip, but I think we may have gotten hit with a high three figure additional charge at the Hawthorn back in 2004 because we didn't rent the minimum amount of rooms out thru no-shows or people jumping on a room that was $5 cheaper down the street.

Our layover hotel in LAS is about a "Vegas block" off of the strip and I could probably swing a pretty sweet discount there, but if we get hit with no shows or "Hey bro, the Moonlight Bunny Ranch out in Pahrump, NV has hotels for $5 cheaper could I get a ride?", we'd have to 'eat' the cost again maybe.

Blocks might be a little easier to come by and less expensive with a mid-week event, but then we cut out all of the folks that leave after work on fridays and only have the weekend off.

Kristie said:
yea....in your dreams! :)

NOT....There's no way we're gonna be liable for something like that... whew...

Oh come on...I have hours of Microsoft sim time in the MD-88/90. And I did a perfect takeoff/landing in the 737 sim.
So for sure I could sucessfully pilot a real MD-88/90.

(do I need to say it?)

-Matthew

Yes, you will think this is strange coming from me I'm sure. But I would love to have some more, non-party-type functions, so we can get to know each other better. Like a day of golf, or just meeting for a big dinner, or even hiking like a few of us did. As you all see I love to whoop it up and have a good time, but I also would love to get to know you all better as people and friends. I consider many of you friends now, and I think some of the most fun I've had was when we weren't soaking wet at an irish pub. :D

It was great to chill on Thursday at the Nobu dinner, and it was fun to relax in quiet and just talk and scramble with a few folks out on the desert hills. Of course, I hope that we can start to arrange some smaller get-togethers like the ski trip, maybe a golf outing weekend, where we can talk more and chill, and savor the Vegas time for just getting it all out there and having a blast.

I'm sure we will all figure it out! In fact, I'm going to really push this ski trip in say, January, after the holidays, so we can meet up for a weekend to chill and have some fun on the slopes. Those who don't ski can even come for some relaxing dinners and chillin' out with a few drinks in the lodge!

In fact, I'm going to really push this ski trip in say, January, after the holidays, so we can meet up for a weekend to chill and have some fun on the slopes.

If its the second week of January at Steamboat I'll be there, I think...:bandit:

Hey John and Em will be working in Park City maybe they can get us the hook up with lift passes.

Just something I figured I'd throw out -- what if we turned the Nine Fine event into a dinner type deal? It would be exactly what Matt's talking about here, kind of a chill and hang out type thing, and then after the dishes get cleared away, we could let loose.

Doug Taylor said:
Our layover hotel in LAS is about a "Vegas block" off of the strip

I have to ask, what is the layover hotel for you guys (DL)? I saw alot of SWA people at my hotel (Terribles). Free shuttle to/from hotel was nice also.

Back