suggestion about flight school

adreamer

Well, this is my first post. I am thinking about change my career to be an airline pilot. I am 33 years old. Just past my 1st class medical. I do have my 4 year college degree. I will go to Sanford to visit DCA in about a week. Here are my questions

1. Am I too old to start aviation career?
2. Is DCA a good flight school? What make this flight school better than others?
3. I know DCA is an expensive flight school to attend. For people who have been through DCA training, was it worth that money?
4. Can you get a roommate in student housing?
5. What percentage of student actually finish DCA training from zero time and hired as an instructor?
6. What is a typical training day schedule like? fly twice a day, classes in between...etc.
7. Can students take few days off when finish one rating?
8. Does DCA have someone help you to build up your resume?

I would appreciate your comments, opinion, critic. Thanks in advance

A day dreamer

A question better asked in "General Topics"

Almost like asking "Should I refinance" in a "Mortgage Brokers Extraodinaire" topic.

If you think you want to fly, JUST DO IT ! I am 29 years old, have 2 young kids and a wife. I am divorced and the kids stay with their mother full time. I am 99.9% sure I am going to DCA. Call down there and talk to Tom at x 187. He has answered all my questions and addressed all of my concerns. I am gambling alot on this but I know it is the right way to go. You will do fine! I am headed to DCA on August 11th and I am touring on the 12th. If all goes well that should close the deal. I plan on attending DCA in October.

As far as money goes, call key bank, they allow to borrow up to 100k. The money you do not use you can give back or use it to repay on the loan.

Just remember, nothing is for sure!

[ QUOTE ]
Just remember, nothing is for sure!

[/ QUOTE ]

Death and taxes?
smile.gif

115F in the shade in Arizona during July?
smile.gif

Red Baron - Probably not the best financial plan to borrow more money than you need, than use that "extra" borrowed money to repay that same loan. That sounds confusing.
tongue.gif

not really confusing...you dont pay anything back until your done with your training. Then if you have anything left over, you give it back to Key Bank so you do not get charged for financing you did not use. I think it would be better to borrow more than what you need instead of running out $$$ half way through training!

Back