Suggest a flight instructor for AVIT 102

CAFFEINE

Hello everybody. I will be taking AVIT 102 in the spring and would like your suggestions on good flight instructors. Who have you had that you really liked? Thanks in advance.

EDIT: Also, who would you suggest trying to get as a ground school professor?

Ground School I would get Mr. Bridewell. I learned a lot in the class and for me it was an easy A. Mr. Zedlik isn't bad either (had him for 222).

For a flight instructor, it is pretty hard to request them. 10% of the students who request actually get the instructor they want. My suggestion, get anyone who has been there for a while. I know every instructor has to start somewhere, but the two newbies I had weren't very good.

I took Bridewell for 221 last semester and did not like him at all. Although I do have a few buddies that had him for 102 and thought he was pretty good. I took Jeremy Roesler for 102 and thought he was an amazing teacher. Lots of good stories and what not that made learning a lot more real world oriented and interesting. He's got a great sense of humor too, real dry but neverless hilarious all the time.

My instructor for 102 was Jerry Grotjohn, he was somewhat new at the time but was still a very good instruc. Always willing to work with your schedule and get up whenever possible. I'll be taking him again for 222 thanks to the new online registration. Be glad you weren't here last year cause the registration process was a pain in the a$$.

Funny thing Matt, I didn't know we went online. Maybe I should pay more attention. So what is the deal with the new system?

Also, to say one more thing, the newer instructors are willing to do anything to get you done. They will fly at any time, and not all are bad. Good to see that Matt had a good experience, I just had a bad one. I hope yours is a great one, and I have also heard Jeremy is a good professor.

[ QUOTE ]
So what is the deal with the new system?

[/ QUOTE ]

No "www" just type in register.aero.und.edu. After you get there it asks for your NAID and displays all of the classes you've taken and what you are eligible to take. Also gives a list of instructors that are available and all corresponding launch times, very cool stuff.

Hey Matt,

How did your fall semester finish up? Will you be flying next semester?

I am thinking of taking a plane for the weekend to go home. Have you done this before? If you have, would you tell me what I need to do, thanks.

This semester went well, sucked not flying but I'll be doin 222 next semester, then commercial after that this summer.

I've never taken a plane for an overnight so I can't really help you there. I know you have to have approval from one of the leads, but other than that I'm clueless. Hope it works out for ya.

Matt

Thanks for the suggestions guys. I ended up choosing Zeidlik for ground instruction and then I just randomally picked one of the flight instructors in the time slot I wanted for my flight lab. Again, thanks.

Hey Matt, what intructor did you get for 222? That course is a blast, and as long as there is no ice, the winter should be good for instrument training (more actual).

I am back in GFK finishing up some flying. I am trying to get our schools only Master CFI for 325.

I don't have access to AIMS right now so I can't get his/her full name. Instuctor ident is ELIE though.

I was signed on initially with my old instructor from 102 last year, liked him alot. But, I checked back about a week later and it had reassigned me to this guy. I checked up and it doesn't even look like he's workin at UND anymore, hopefully he got hired by someone.

Not a bad a idea at all getting a master CFI, at least you are assured the best training possible with him. Out of curiosity who is it? If I had to take a geuss I'd say Skramstad maybe?

Hi,

I'm new on the board's here and also a student at UND. I'm also a dispatcher for UND Aerospace and I know most of the flight instructors and leads...

Matts422: You instructor is John Eliel, he's a very nice guy and I'm sure you'll enjoy flying with him.

You guys have also been talking about taking a UND aicraft home/overnight. You need to talk to us at Flight Operations. We've stopped giving overnight approvals, don't know if we are giving them out again, just stop by the airport and one of the dispatcher will be more than happy to answer your questions.

UND Flyer,

I won't be needing overnight approval anymore, but thanks for the reply.

What course are you in? I am trying to finish up 323 and get into 325 before the 12th. Good to see another student here on jetcareers.

Where at in Idaho are you from and how do you like being a dispatcher? I am sure I have seen you around then.

later

Hey UND flyer,

Do you know Drew Gottschalk? I got him as an instructor for 325 and was wondering is he's a cool guy. I have never heard of him.

Back