SU-24 Low Pass Low Speed

LIKE LIKE LIKE.

The toughest thing about it is that the dudes had the confidence to fly low, way behind the power curve with TWO Lyulkas just WAITING for their chance to explode. ;)

Crazy kids lol back in Soviet Times we were more conservative. And we didn't smoke that much.

I love the Sukhoi Su-27 line of fighters. Back in the day (1998?) or so, I got to watch them in action at the air show in India. The Indian Air Force bought a bunch of those. Cobra maneuver.... :eek2:

I'd give them credit if the gear were up for that......otherwise it just ends up being a landing if they screw the pooch.

A bit of a non-sequiter (sp?) but I agree that the -27 is hot. Even more (and my co-workers make fun of me for this) is the Su-34 IMHO. That is basically the best strike aircraft the world has ever seen, IMHO. And it looks great to me, even if it looks like a platypus to most people.

I'd give them credit if the gear were up for that......otherwise it just ends up being a landing if they screw the pooch.

A bit of a non-sequiter (sp?) but I agree that the -27 is hot. Even more (and my co-workers make fun of me for this) is the Su-34 IMHO. That is basically the best strike aircraft the world has ever seen, IMHO. And it looks great to me, even if it looks like a platypus to most people.

My L-39 examiner flight tested those -27s that were brought over to Pride. They were mostly demilitarized, clean, and light.... quite the performers.

My L-39 examiner flight tested those -27s that were brought over to Pride. They were mostly demilitarized, clean, and light.... quite the performers.

lol during a lull between the morning and evening go's, I threw the test flight video of one of those jets (on youtub) up on the projector with surround for everyone to watch as I was on duty. Needless to say, we were expecting a lot more. I think he did a cuban 8 and then landed. Everyone was making fun of me after that. Luckily I redeemed myself by showing the F-15/cocks Raytheon video. They did a really good job integrating the comms on that one....."vul time vul time" never sounded so bad ass :)

Love the SU-34! I was the only one in the room who knew what it was at my unit's last Vis Recce session. So sad.

lol during a lull between the morning and evening go's, I threw the test flight video of one of those jets (on youtub) up on the projector with surround for everyone to watch as I was on duty. Needless to say, we were expecting a lot more. I think he did a cuban 8 and then landed. Everyone was making fun of me after that. Luckily I redeemed myself by showing the F-15/cocks Raytheon video. They did a really good job integrating the comms on that one....."vul time vul time" never sounded so bad ass :)

Ha... I'm sure it was an expensive fuel bill...

Love the SU-34! I was the only one in the room who knew what it was at my unit's last Vis Recce session. So sad.

Yeah our training O (the squadron TOPGUN guy) came by and asked me WTF it was. When I told him, he was familiar with it and it's capes, but apparently not by visual recce. I think it's just so new and somewhat esoteric that it's not a household name with folks yet.

Geez but the Russians figured out how to build em' pretty, didn't they? That thing is gorgeous.

Back