Stupid FA Tricks

naunga

Check this out:
Flight Attendant Drugs Child

The exits are here, here, and here. And if anyone wants their child drugged we'll be more than happy to assist.
tongue.gif

I am sure that it is very common practice to put a bit of brandy in the childs milk to help them sleep. I think what this guy was using was a bit OTT!

That may be, but it's one thing if the parents do it, and if it's just a bit of brandy.

But if a stranger is popping PRESCRIPTION DRUGS into my kid's sippy cup, there's going to be hell to pay.

And Xanax is not a "bit of OTT", it's a powerful depressant that is...

- habit forming
- an FDA Class D drug. Meaning pregnant women should not take it, because...IT HURTS BABIES.
- not approved by the FDA for children under 18...because IT HURTS BABIES.
- known to cause allergic reactions that includes difficulty breathing, closing of the throat, swelling of the lips, sores in the mouth, hallucinations, etc.

I personally agree that fussy kids can be anonying on long flights, but that doesn't mean that the FA's should take it on themselves to endanger the child's life. What if the kid had been taking a cold medicine or something with alcohol in it. That could have killed the kid.

Anyhow, if you look toward the end of the article you'll see that this joker has been charged with smuggling prescrition medications into the country.

On a lighter note, I wonder what this guy puts in the pilots' coffee if they're a little demanding?

Anyhow, something tells me this wasn't the first time this guy pulled this either...he just got caught this time.

Naunga

I hate to be the one to defend this guy,but I can totally see where he was coming from when he did this. I figure this guys bids international so he won't have to listen to somebody's brat crying for hours on end.

Take for instance me..when I have to work the gates,I try to work our transcons...because everytime work a FL flight or (heaven forbid) SJU,I end up wanting to climb on top of the podium with a rifle and start picking off people.

Someone who would let their kid fly for and entire flight is begging....begging for someone to flip out and do something! My advice.....we start drugging the bratty kids before boarding,just like we do the pets!

737-DUDE, no offense but thats the stupidest thing I have ever heard, drugging children is very disturbing idea to me.

Stupid side note: I've been on that exact flight before, and oddly enough there was a pair of wild 8 year olds that sat next to me the entire flight. I don't think they did anything but yell, and not even in English! After that flight I came to believe the Dutch is THE MOST horrible sounding languague in the world, and I blame those two kids for it. Absolute worst flight of my life.

Cheers

John Herreshoff

It's Murphy's Law:

For each hour longer the flight lasts, the noisy children will be one seat closer to you until you finally hit the 13 hour flight with the kid sitting directly behind you screaming, crying and - of course - kicking your seat the entire time.

Maybe the FA should have asked the kid to play outside ...

Try this one on for size:

I was flying home a few nights ago and the kid in front of me farts very obviously.

His father starts laughing and says, "Boy, y'oughta at least say 'Excuse me!'"

So what does the kid do? Farts again and says "Excuse me".

For the next 2 hours and 14 minutes, the father and son enjoyed an outright flatulence fest, much at the dismay of the other 140 passengers on the jet.

But after each fart, he did, however, say "Excuse me".

Raise ticket prices!

You gotta give the dad credit for at least teaching his kid manners though.
grin.gif
Most adults I know who cut the cheese never say "excuse me."

Excuse me? You should hear my father-in-law. He says "gee that felt good" when he farts.

[ QUOTE ]
Most adults I know who cut the cheese never say "excuse me."

[/ QUOTE ]

Why should I say "excuse me" for those stupid ducks I keep stepping on, or for those damned barking spiders under the couch? They need to learn to say excuse me for themselves.
grin.gif

I have heard this story from some former Jetsream 32 pilots. The J32 seats 19 so there are no flight attendants or cockpit doors.

On one flight, the crew started getting warning indications. They would start the checklist when the warning would disappear and another would start. This went on for several minutes before one of the pilots noticed that there was a kid in the first row who was reaching up and pulling circuit breakers from the panel in front of him. He would then put the breakers back in and pull another.

No word on where the kid's Mom was.

I was working one afternoon when one of our flights called in-range. The captain gave us his fuel status and ETA then asked us to have six....yes six replacement seat cushions available when the airplane arrived into the gate. It seems that the flight attendents gorged this kid with animal crakers,peanuts,and other snacks and when they hit some turbulence the kid power puked across two rows. Sadly there were people sitting in those two rows. That plane smelled so bad that they had to swap it off in Baltimore so it could be cleaned.

Other Stupid F/A Tricks:
On empty flights, they take serving trays and slide down the aisle upon rotation.

When SWA got the -700s the F/As would take a roll of toliet paper and put one end in the toliet and put the other end at the rear of the aircraft then flush. I heard the head of MX got really pissed when he heard about this.

Answering a cell phone during flight.

Making this announcements on arrival into a city with no connecting flights: "Please check the screens for your connecting flight departure gate"

My personal favorite.....thinking "our layover is always here!" and relizing their mistake when they here "Will the F/As for flight 1035 please report back to B-22 for departure!"

[ QUOTE ]
When SWA got the -700s the F/As would take a roll of toliet paper and put one end in the toliet and put the other end at the rear of the aircraft then flush. I heard the head of MX got really pissed when he heard about this.

[/ QUOTE ]

How sweet would it be to try that on an A340-600!
smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Raise ticket prices!

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree, Doug! Before I got laid off, I saw a number of people who really should have been taking Greyhound flying instead. One time I got moved to first, and some total redneck bubba sees that I'm getting free cocktails, sees the open seat, and moves on up. When the flight attendant tells him that he's not supposed to be there, he says, why can't I just take any open seat?

She told him that all seats are assigned. Then he turns to me and says, you don't mind me sitting here, do you? I said, well, seeing how I paid more money than you did to fly today, yes, I do.

The funniest thing was the joker said, well, I think $200 is a lot of money to pay to fly. I just about sprayed my screwdriver all over him!

[ QUOTE ]
Try this one on for size:

I was flying home a few nights ago and the kid in front of me farts very obviously.

His father starts laughing and says, "Boy, y'oughta at least say 'Excuse me!'"

So what does the kid do? Farts again and says "Excuse me".

For the next 2 hours and 14 minutes, the father and son enjoyed an outright flatulence fest, much at the dismay of the other 140 passengers on the jet.

But after each fart, he did, however, say "Excuse me".

Raise ticket prices!

[/ QUOTE ]

shocked.gif
dont raise prices just yet...i have to take a few flights to visit some flights schools....after that, it's all good.
grin.gif

Back