Stupid comments by RyanAir CEO

from the ALPA website, it's the last paragraph at the bottom

"I don’t give a ***** if nobody likes me. I am not a cloud bunny, I am not an aerosexual, I don’t like airplanes. I never wanted to be a pilot like those other platoons of goons who populate the air industry. They started off as wee idiots who got big ******* looking at planes in the sky. I’m not like that. Most chief executives got into this business because they want to travel for a living. Not me. I want to work."—Michael O’Leary, CEO of Ryanair.

What a jacka$$! For the first deleted expletive, I can't think of what 5 letter word would fit in there ( I thought, maybe 'damn' or • but those are only 4 letters).

The second deleted expletive seems to be the big 'O' word.

You know it's ironic when he says, "They started off as wee idiots who got big ******* looking at planes in the sky. I’m not like that." considering his age, I'd say that he'd have trouble having 'O' to begin with...

uh, the second expletive is seven letters... so you're both 'void'
grin.gif

And this, my friends, is exactly what is wrong with so many of the execs running airlines these days. They don't care about the flying part of it, just the money making part of it.

They seem to forget that they only make money if the flying part of it is going well.

I understand what you're saying Tony, but there is a lot more to it than that. The "making money" part is all that really matters to a company. After all, that's the reason the company exists. It's not there so we can all have a "great flying job". We certainly don't need a bunch of pilots running these airlines either. We need responsible executives who know the industry and are knowledgeable in all facets of the corporation. Running a company and flying airplanes are two completely different tasks. Obviously running an airline is a very tricky job. The profit margins are so slim that operations need to run as efficient as possible, which sometimes is almost impossible.

Yes, the making money part is why a company exists. However, the bottom line is highly contingent on the flying going smoothly.

Seriously, look at the airlines that are making money right now. What do they all have in common? Good employee relations.

Back