Strong Bags Mini V 19" Anyone Using It?

No, that's my point. I have been careful with it. The thing cost like $140 at a company discount, and for me that's expensive, so I have been gentle. It's just poor performance, durability, etc. probably aggravated by the dimensions of the bag vs dimensions of the CRJ overhead bins. I have seen quite a few with zipper problems and side pockets dangling open as they roll through the terminal. It looks like crap.

Trying to build up the financial courage to buy the LW bag now. Lol

I used a TravelPro for several years on Learjets. I lived out of it more days than I didn't, and it held up great. The worst wear it got was when I checked it getting airlined to/from where the assigned airplane was. When I went to the CRJ, I was disappointed that it just didn't fit in the overhead.

I bought a Strongbag. I like it OK except for one major design flaw: it doesn't have internal straps to secure your stuff inside the bag. Every other bag I've used, from a cheap K-Mart American Tourister back in college to the TravelPro has some kind of straps inside that go over what you've packed keeping everything in place no matter which end of the bag is placed on the ground. Without these internal straps, one must pack a full bag to keep your stuff from shifting around like clothes in a dryer-- even if you only have a 2-day trip in the summer.

But the Strongbag is otherwise a very durable bag.

Back