Strange Question

Before the Glendale green NVG cockpit lighting refit, we had to do the same, as well as have the velcro'd chem lights on different parts of the panel.
BTW, you know Matt Benson? He use to be over in one of the AZ branches.

Yeah, that's him. He and I were room mates in Korea back in '89.

Yeah, I believe he's out of the AZ Army Guard for good now, just flying CBP.

Korea.....I remember getting in trouble at Camp Page once. Took an A-10 on a local single-ship hop. Couldn't find any fighters to FAC for (the two flights I had canx'd) at OP 2/3, so decided to drop into Page to beat up the pattern at that post that apparently had rotary-wing only. Tower there didn't mind having me there, but somehow the AF got wind of it and went ape about it. Didn't see what the issue was.....I'm working the pattern at an Army post, no different than me dropping into Libby/Laguna/Seneca/Michael AAF etc, here in CONUS and doing the same. Army didn't seem to care.

Korea.....land of the not quite right.

Yeah, I believe he's out of the AZ Army Guard for good now, just flying CBP.

Korea.....I remember getting in trouble at Camp Page once. Took an A-10 on a local single-ship hop. Couldn't find any fighters to FAC for (the two flights I had canx'd) at OP 2/3, so decided to drop into Page to beat up the pattern at that post that apparently had rotary-wing only. Tower there didn't mind having me there, but somehow the AF got wind of it and went ape about it. Didn't see what the issue was.....I'm working the pattern at an Army post, no different than me dropping into Libby/Laguna/Seneca/Michael AAF etc, here in CONUS and doing the same. Army didn't seem to care.

Korea.....land of the not quite right.

Land of the no rules. (Just don't fly into P-73 or cross the DMZ).
I remember crossing a ridge line and passing an A-10 going the other way. He must have had the same idea we had as he immediately honked into a steep bank and began trying to get a bead on us. We both came over guard at the same time, "Guns guns guns." I think his 30mm Gatling gun would have done a little more damage than our 7.62 Gatling gun, but he missed us and we got him.:rolleyes:
Ahh... going to Osan and chasing Air Force chicks... taxi cab races... having a C-5 cut us off at Humphreys at night (that pesky localizer was almost the same as Osan's).
So many stories from over there that I would post but I'd be afraid of the Army hauling me back on active duty for a court martial. Is there a statute of limitations on being a young, dumb, invincible LT with the keys to a $10,000,000 aircraft and no adult supervision?

Land of the no rules. (Just don't fly into P-73 or cross the DMZ).
I remember crossing a ridge line and passing an A-10 going the other way. He must have had the same idea we had as he immediately honked into a steep bank and began trying to get a bead on us. We both came over guard at the same time, "Guns guns guns." I think his 30mm Gatling gun would have done a little more damage than our 7.62 Gatling gun, but he missed us and we got him.:rolleyes:

Good work! We had to stop doing any unbriefed air-air after one of our flights a year before I got there did nearly the same thing, but it was ROK Army Cobras, and the ROKs weren't too keen to play, and hence not too happy about it. LOL.

P-73....ever get the ROK controller "Watcheeman on Guard, I see you! Turn immediately or you will be fired upon!"

Ahh... going to Osan and chasing Air Force chicks... taxi cab races... having a C-5 cut us off at Humphreys at night (that pesky localizer was almost the same as Osan's).
So many stories from over there that I would post but I'd be afraid of the Army hauling me back on active duty for a court martial. Is there a statute of limitations on being a young, dumb, invincible LT with the keys to a $10,000,000 aircraft and no adult supervision?

Oh no kidding......all the good stories have to be saved for when the statute of limitations expires. I'd like to stay part-time Reserve at best, no desire to be hauled back to active-duty for any reason! :D

Back