Strange feeling when I get nervous help!

jspeed87

When I get nervous or I think too much about something I get like a strange tingly feeling around my body like its getting tight kinda hard to explain. Sometimes also it gets tight around my heart then it goes away. What could this be? I also hate blood or anything blood pressure related last time i checked it was like 127. I'm only 21 and in pretty good shape will this be an issue in getting a first class or should i get a third?

Sounds like a physical reaction to stress. Do you become incapacitated or is it just something that annoys you?

Work for the airlines and you will feel it all the time. LOL

Really if you are worried go see a doctor for a diagnosis. It is probably just stress, but you can rule out other issues with a visit.

I am sure the Doc will post a response here soon.

It sounds like a stress reaction. It is very common (we see it 2-3 times a day in the clinics). Just learn some self-relaxation techniques - that will go a long way to better health for the rest of your life.

It sounds like a stress reaction. It is very common (we see it 2-3 times a day in the clinics). Just learn some self-relaxation techniques - that will go a long way to better health for the rest of your life.

thanks! I hate getting checkups but I guess I just have to relax and not think about it too much.

Do you recommend yoga or Pilates classes to help with stress? How effective are they at reducing stress?

Do you recommend yoga or Pilates classes to help with stress? How effective are they at reducing stress?

as one who has done both Pilates and yoga - I have to say, Yoga is MUCH more relaxing than Pilates. Yoga does a lot of deep breathing and the shavasana at the end helps you really to relax and focus. Pilates is much more of a work out for your core while yoga is more stretches.

Both are excellent. Relaxation is something you must do internally, within yourself.

as one who has done both Pilates and yoga - I have to say, Yoga is MUCH more relaxing than Pilates. Yoga does a lot of deep breathing and the shavasana at the end helps you really to relax and focus. Pilates is much more of a work out for your core while yoga is more stretches.

Thanks for the information. I figured once I become an ATC, I will need to find other avenues to relieve stress rather than relying on running.

Back