Strange email from HR while at the Academy

ncessna72

I received this email from my HR contact today "You have been identified for a position at NEW - New Orleans Lakefront ATCT. Please let me know if you are interested in this position."
I have only applied to one announcement before being hired. How have I been identified as a person wanting to go to NEW - New Orleans Lakefront? Makes me wonder if they might change my FOL even thou I am already at the Academy. Anything is possible with the F U take it or leave it attitude the FAA has taken with new hires. Has anyone else received an email like this? NEW New Orleans Lakefront, eww gross…

Actually I think the FAA is giving you a choice i see you changed your TOL once so they may think you weren't happy with your first selection and this tower was willing to pick you up. I don't think it is a mandatory thing at all. I was actually a little impressed with the faa when i went through the academy everyone there except for one QA person was extremely friendly and bent over backwards to help me get through. I have yet to see the evil FAA since I have been in but i'm in a small tower. I'm sure it could be diffrent other places. Any way I think they are trying to help you give her a call won't hurt, and let us know.

On the PUBNAT7 application, it basically says Louisiana needs people badly... so maybe they're trying to see if they can find people willing to switch. I don't think anything will change if you decline this new random offer.

I received this email from my HR contact today "You have been identified for a position at NEW - New Orleans Lakefront ATCT. Please let me know if you are interested in this position."
I have only applied to one announcement before being hired. How have I been identified as a person wanting to go to NEW - New Orleans Lakefront? Makes me wonder if they might change my FOL even thou I am already at the Academy. Anything is possible with the F U take it or leave it attitude the FAA has taken with new hires. Has anyone else received an email like this? NEW New Orleans Lakefront, eww gross…

It ended up being a random offer from my HR contact.:)

I received a simular email but it was to rank all of the different tower facilities in order of preference. Class for me begins Monday...I really believe they need a lot of help in Louisiana.

you might not like taking NEW but theres plenty of people who would.

I, for instance, am gunning for NEW since its right across the lake from me and I know poeple there.

Back