Stop and reflect

Ehhhh...not really. I love my work, but...well, I don't want to talk about it on a public forum. I'll just say no job is perfect, and the schedule has been wearing me out. I can keep up with the day to day schedule fine. The problem is that I know this isn't the schedule I want for myself 5 or 10 years from now, yet I'm not sure how to go about changing things.

Still, I wouldn't want to do anything else. There are a ton of cool elements beyond the few things I'm not happy about. Therefore, I'm livin' the dream.

So you don't like your current gig, you dispise 121, what is going to work for you? 135? I though you posted about flying a King Air lately but you weren't into that either.

What gives?

So you don't like your current gig, you dispise 121, what is going to work for you? 135? I though you posted about flying a King Air lately but you weren't into that either.

What gives?

No, no, I'm very much into my current gig. I just had "one of those days" today.

When I started teaching it was nothing but a stepping stone. Then some doors opened up to let me do it long term, like for a few years, which I've been very successful at and had a blast. Now I'm trying to make it happen *really* long term, like "decades" long term, and I run in to frustrating obstacles from time to time. My pay and QOL is awesome right now...for a single 26 year old. Five or ten years from now, I don't know. I want to make it work. Just not sure how to get from here to there. I'm sure I'll figure it out.

It's complicated. Some of it I don't want to talk about publicly, and some of it I really shouldn't talk about publicly.

I should probably stay off the internet when I have days like that, huh? ;)

For the record, I don't despise 121, I'm just not interested in it and I don't understand why other people are. Oh, and the King Air gig from a few months ago fell through. That's complicated, too. But I'm not unhappy about it. I think it's for the best how that one worked out.

That is awesome! I am actually going out to get SEL current again tomorrow afternoon. It will be nice to be able to just fly. Not have to worry about company procedures or sterile cockpit or even lifting the gear. The pattern is my favorite place to be.

Back