Stomach issues...

ilove747s

Hi,

For a while now I have had some kind of problem with my stomach. Every 6 months or so I get an outbreak and I feel like a knife has been stuck in my left hand side lower abdomen. I've been to the doctor a few times regarding this and have been brushed off with them diagnosing it as diverticulitis. Last time I went to the doctor I was sent off for a CT scan to check for any tumors or such, which came back normal. The CT scan was done in April which was the last time it bothered me. I've had some blood test done of which the doctors have seen there has been some kind of infection at the time of an outbreak. I still don't know what it is. Since April though I have had occasional tightness/pain in my left abdomen, but I've been taking probiotics and these of have seemed to help quite a bit.

The problem is I've already spent over a $1,000 on going to doctors and it seems to be somewhat stable at the moment, but I don't want to go through all these expensive testing methods which will probably just ruin me financially. Next year, however, I will have an opportunity to have insurance that will cover doctors visits and such.

I know I need to see a Gastrologist which will cost THOUSANDS without insurance, but based on what I have explained to you could this affect my medical if it were an ulcer, or diverticulitis? Would I need a special issuance if so?

Also, do they have any blood pressure requirements for First Class medical?

Thanks for you time!

Blood pressure is 155/96 although that is really too high.

You have not bee diagnosed with anything and had a good evaluation. It should not be an issue.

Back