STOLEN PLANE

SkyGirl

Hey,

I recieved an email which says a Cessna 182 was stolen from a nearby airport (N12 - central Jersey) last Thursday (Aug. 14). The tail number is N2504R. The coloring is red and black on white.

I have received the email several times from pilot friends, but I don't know the owner of the plane personally. I figure the more eyes looking for it the better.

Thanks for your help.

Happy Flying!

Oh, boy, now the media is going to speculate that an al Qaeda terrorist stole the plane and they'll talk about how it might be used for an attack on September 11.

Watch for the airspace around NYC and DC to be shut down again!

I dunno and hope not. I havent heard about this in the media of any sort and it happened about a week ago.

[ QUOTE ]
I dunno and hope not. I havent heard about this in the media of any sort and it happened about a week ago.

[/ QUOTE ]

Tony forgot the <sarcasm> </sarcasm> tags!
smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Tony forgot the <sarcasm> </sarcasm> tags!
smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Yup. Sorry about that!

Seriously, I do hope they catch whoever stole the plane.

The sad thing is that we like to talk about pilots being a fraternity and aviation being full of good people. Well, some pilot obviously isn't a good person and he screwed over his fraternity brothers by stealing the plane. That's not cool.

I really hope that they get the plane back and catch the guy who stole it before this turns into something big.

Yikes! The last time I heard news of a Cessna being stolen - it was flown into the very building where I'm sitting right now about 10 stories above me. (Charles Bishop).

Hope the plane - and pilot - are found in one piece.

Luckily, it was a Saturday and there weren't many folks in the building. Actually, there were only two offices in the entire building that were even effected = the corner office where the plane hit and the office next to it. (by buddy's office was the next office over - and he went back to work that Monday just as scheduled - said it smelled like fuel.... go figure).

Other than that - this concrete and steel structure pretty much made scap metal of the Cessna.... and the pilot.

Some folks who were in the building didn't even feel it.

[ QUOTE ]
Some folks who were in the building didn't even feel it.

[/ QUOTE ]

<sarcasm>

Obviously they didn't try hard enough to feel it because, don't you know, we're all going to perish at the hands of •-ups in little white planes!

It's a very good thing all these TFRs are keeping bad people out of our airsapce!! What would we do without that protection?!
shocked.gif

</sarcasm>

grin.gif
smirk.gif

Ready2Fly -
Are you talking about the young man who stole the plane and flew it into an office building a short time after 9/11? I was visiting my Grandparents at the time and was at the airport earlier in the day. It was kinda spooky.

Happy Flying!

Skygirl - yes ma'am. One and the same. January 2002. He took off from PIE and National Aviation.

Grandfolks live in the Tampa/St. Pete area?

Ready2Fly-

Nope, they live near Ft. Lauderdale. My cousin and I made a trip to see the Lightning. I remember watching the news with the old folks and they were flipping..."Oh, my gawd" and "what was that boy thinking?" It was so fustrating, I probably would have had a better conversation with the plants.

Happy Flying!

[ QUOTE ]
the old folks and they were flipping..."Oh, my gawd" and "what was that boy thinking?" It was so fustrating, I probably would have had a better conversation with the plants.

[/ QUOTE ]
grin.gif

Too funny. The speculation here was out of control too.

Back