Stock Price Question

On a side note, I checked my 401K about a little over a year ago. It wasn't pretty. I decided at that moment that it couldnt get much worse, so I made a risky bet. I had just passed my 5 year mark with the company, upping their contribution to 4% dollar for dollar match, I upped my contribution from 2% to 9%, for a grand total of 13%. Not only did I recover everything I lost in that short span, but my portfolio is back up 28% before the fall. I am now thinking I'm going to wind back down to a reasonable 5% contribution.

I throw the full 15 in there. If people are winding it up now, it's too late, because I think the value is getting priced out of the market.

If there is an OCT/NOV dump, it'd be a good time to dive in.

I have a stand alone IRA that has pretty much recovered the losses I took when the market took a dump out of 13k.

You can't win if you don't play.

Be disciplined and be diversified.

We just got word from the big wigs that our 401k guy is coming in to talk to us. Management is going to pay the 3% because they think they would have to due to law. They said if the law is not there they will be matching 0%. It's not like we get paid enough to put money into a 401k anyway.

:banghead::banghead::banghead:

I throw the full 15 in there. If people are winding it up now, it's too late, because I think the value is getting priced out of the market.

If there is an OCT/NOV dump, it'd be a good time to dive in.

I have a stand alone IRA that has pretty much recovered the losses I took when the market took a dump out of 13k.

You can't win if you don't play.

Be disciplined and be diversified.

I agree to put 15% away for retirement - but I'd suggest only fund your 401k up to your company match, then put the rest in an IRA.

Talking of 401(k) matches in our industry makes me sick. My wife's company puts 15% of her salary into her 401(k) regardless of employee contribution. Her 401(k) value has surpassed mine in short order needless to say. Can't wait for my whopping 4% match next year :rotfl:

Back