Still fly recreationally after becoming a professional pilot?

Dude, you're kidding me?! You make $23k a year? How long have you been flying mang?! You need to do something different, that's no bueno... :(

That's what happens with "lateral" moves that bump ya down to the bottom of the longevity payscale.

I'm in a flying club with a 172. It's a VFR only airplane (for now) but I really have no desire to fly it on bad weather days, I do that enough at work. Came in really handy this past summer to go to CT to visit relatives for the weekend. 1 hour of flight time vs 3 hours in summer vacation traffic. I can take it overnight without paying anything extra (unlike flight schools) and I could take it for up to 7 days in a row if I really want to.

I'm in a flying club with a 172. It's a VFR only airplane (for now) but I really have no desire to fly it on bad weather days, I do that enough at work. Came in really handy this past summer to go to CT to visit relatives for the weekend. 1 hour of flight time vs 3 hours in summer vacation traffic. I can take it overnight without paying anything extra (unlike flight schools) and I could take it for up to 7 days in a row if I really want to.

Yup. Flying clubs are definitely a good way to go.

Lots of folks think that a C177 Cardinal is pretty "high performance" after flying a 150, too.... hehe

Cardinals are, IMHO, the best looking SE airplane Cessna (or in fact, most companies) ever produced. That goes 10x for the 177RG.

Had a bud do the IO-390 STC, and another do the Tornado Alley mod. Both are way cool.

For that matter, Cessna hit a couple out of the park. The 310Q & R are so Flash Gordon looking, it defies reason they are actually just airplanes and not Aetherships.

Richman

Back