Sticky residue...

3green

Get your mind out of the gutter's fellas/gals. Anyhow, I removed a sticker from my flightcase(which is leather) and it left a sticky adhesive residue. Anyone have any recommendations how to remove it? Thanks in advance!

sticky adhesive residue

Depends on what kind of glue it is. Not every solvent works on every type of glue.

You might try warm water first. Next WD-40, and then something like Lift-Off, Goo Gone, or Goof Off, which are all probably similar.

Get your mind out of the gutter's fellas/gals. Anyhow, I removed a sticker from my flightcase(which is leather) and it left a sticky adhesive residue. Anyone have any recommendations how to remove it? Thanks in advance!

my bad

Thanks for the advice fellas. I'll give em' a shot. nothing worse than left over residue on my bag(that doesn't exactly sound pc either)...

Goo Gone works.

You can also use zippo fluid - they sell it in every hardware store. It's the same stuff, I think (naphtha) but the zippo fluid is usually cheaper. Or Ronsonol. Same stuff also.

If you don't want to go the chem-route, you might be able to soften the stuff up enough with a hair dryer and then wipe it clean with a paper towel.

Dubya-Dee 40 works for any/everything.

*Nothing* works for everything. I've had many failures with WD-40, which is why I keep xylene or xylol-based products such as Goof Off or Lift Off around. And I've seen MEK dissolve stuff that laughed at "Goof Off".

Goo Gone appears to be a citrus-based product that also contains naphtha, a petroleum based product. That may suggest its performance would be similar to WD-40.

Back