Staying Organized

ozziecat35

4 out of 5 great lakes prefer Michigan.
How do you 121/135 guys keep yourselves organized while flying? Right now, my Cert is in my wallet, but since my medical is a flimsy piece of paper, I don't want to keep it there in case it get's wet or something, so for now, my Medical and my temp. cert ( I just got my MEL Add-on) are in the back of my logbook. I'm looking for maybe a lanyard with a securable, water-tight case that can hold my Certificate (Permanent & Temp), my medical, and possibly a state ID or passport (thought that's getting big, and I'm sure a radio license down the road.) I just want to be able to know where everything is at all times, and lighten my overall flight kit.

Thoughts / Suggestions?

Thanks.

BobDDuck

Island Bus Driver
My medical is the least of my concerns if my wallet was to get soaked.

I haven't carried a logbook with my since I got my PPL so I don't keep anything in there. I just keep my license and medical in my wallet (along with my FCC license, which I did laminate and my CFI certificate). I already carry my driver's license in my wallet so that's there as well. The trick is what to do with my passport which I need for commuting (a sometimes requirement for CASS) and the very few times I get stuck with a trip to Freeport. It normally stays in my laptop case/camera bag/cooler (which ever I've brought that trip) or my pocket if I need it for gate agents to check.

dasleben

That's just, like, your opinion, man
I have my certificate/medical/FCC thingy in my wallet, and have my passport in my shirt front pocket if I'm at work (kit bag if not). Logbook is on my laptop. :)

jtrain609

Antisocial Monster
License, medical, union card, special issuance letter (though I guess I can ditch this now), radio operators certificate, blah blah blah, all are in a pouch with my ID on a lanyard. Truth be told, if I lose the thing, I lose everything, but I'm not sure if that's worse than losing any single thing. I can't operate with any of that stuff missing, so as far as I'm concerned, it might as well all get packaged together.

Additionally, passport in my right pocket.

ctab5060X

License, medical, and FCC in my wallet. Passport in my other back pocket. Don't have to worry about which bag or location I put everything in every trip. Plus having everything in my wallet makes it much easier to keep with me at all times, especially when I have a sudden urge to fly GA.

ShyFlyer

CAP Member
Haven't been part of the 135/121 world, but when I was flying GA I used the AOPA wallet I bought from Sportys. It has an insert to keep photo ID, License, and Medical cert. Plus a lot of other pockets for Credit Cards and whatever else. It's help up a long time too. I bought it in 2003 and still use it.

skypilot6

I have a passport wallet, it holds everything, passport, license, cfi, igi, medical, fcc, and a bunch of business cards. I keep it in my flight case. However if the need arrises it fits perfectly in my back pocket.

EIR

It's 5 o'clock somewhere
My cert, medical and FCC all stay in my wallet. They are the least of my concerns if my wallet gets wet or lost.