Starting PPL Training

Wm226

Does anyone have any suggestions regarding what I need to purchase?

Any advice?

Thank you!

Headset . . . this way you don't have to keep borrowing whatever the FBO has laying around, or renting if your FBO makes you rent one . . . besides, you will need one when you are done so might as well get it now.

Flashlight . . . don't count on the interior lights to be working when you make night trips, plus to help preflight the plane in the dark. [may not need now, but look into down the road]

You should get a basic flight bag when you get the materials for your course . . . black Jeppesen.

Number of things will come in handy for cross-country trips:

- Kneeboard
- Pencils (I like the mechanical pencils, tip breaks off, get more lead out)
- Sectional (get one now to help study symbols/airspace/navigation)

other little things!

Get the Gleim book for the written right now. Start studying that, because the sooner you get that done, the better.

You will need a mechanical E6B for sure... at some point you will need some type of view limiting device. Of course, the current sectionals and some flight planning forms. I also recommend taking the written ASAP... you will learn a lot, and that will make you a more confident pilot.

Dont forget to get your Third, Second or First Class medical before you start your training.

-Jon

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd buy one of these if I were you.

Ask your instructor what you should have because you don't have to get everything right now unless you really want to.

A headset will be a must though... I suggest an ANR.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd buy one of these if I were you.

[/ QUOTE ]

...No, I think you'll need on of these
laugh.gif
tongue.gif

Thank you for your suggestions once again.

Just to add, I love King School products... makes understanding flying much more simpler!

Back