starting in the summer

Would any of you recommend starting at UND in the summer? I figure I can get some credits out of the way while I get used to the college life without it being a packed campus. How long are the summer terms?

I would recommend printing off the list of classes you have to take at UND and then pick a couple you want to take over the summer like English, Language or Math and call UND registars office or Idona or someone to see what classes can be transfered. Then just take some general eds close your home while you are living at home. This will save you a lot of time and money.

If you really wanted to save a LOT of money live at home and take a year or two of general eds that can be transfered to UND then come to UND. I wish I would have done that!

I would recommend printing off the list of classes you have to take at UND and then pick a couple you want to take over the summer like English, Language or Math and call UND registars office or Idona or someone to see what classes can be transfered. Then just take some general eds close your home while you are living at home. This will save you a lot of time and money.

If you really wanted to save a LOT of money live at home and take a year or two of general eds that can be transfered to UND then come to UND. I wish I would have done that!

DO THIS!!!!! SERIOUSLY!

Take a year, do 30 of your gen ed credits and you'll be golden.

If you must go to UND now, use this as your guide. http://www.avit.und.edu/f2_Current Students/f1_Degree Programs/Status_Sheets.php Pick the status sheet for your major, and take the classes that are on it. Your advisor will use this sheet to make sure you have all the classes you need to graduate.

Thanks for the advice so far. I have to go to a four year college-UND, my parents want me to. Hopefully I will be able to double major. How many students (aviation) actually start in the summer?

I started in the fall and I didn't have any problems finding my way around campus or getting use to anything like that. If you want to start in the summer go ahead and do it. I know that AngelFuree stayed for every summer he was there and finished in under 4 years.

I'm double-majoring myself in air traffic control and math. I'm taking the classes that are required for my majors and nothing extra and I'll still probably have to stay an extra semester....I'm not sure yet though. I don't want to waste any time taking classes that won't count for anything.

yes ABSOLUTELY take summer classes AT HOME AT YOUR COMMUNITY COLLEGE.... call UND and find out what classes you need like english and maths that will transfer correctly, and take them close to home FOR DIRT CHEAP at your local CC>

youll be way ahead, less stressed, and save a TON of money.

I finished highschool 6 months and went over seas to start college. I thought I was taking alot of general ed classes that would transfer here and I got a big surprise when only 2 of my 8 classes were transferable as gen ed.:banghead: I cant stress enough make sure they are tranferable.

yes ABSOLUTELY take summer classes AT HOME AT YOUR COMMUNITY COLLEGE.... call UND and find out what classes you need like english and maths that will transfer correctly, and take them close to home FOR DIRT CHEAP at your local CC>

youll be way ahead, less stressed, and save a TON of money.

I agree 100%, that is my only regret so far, but it's too late now.

Also I recommend that when you do come to UND that you take AVIT 102 and 103 in the summer. It's super relaxed and it's actually fun. At least it was very enjoyable for me. Summer is a great time to ease into UND.

I was stupid and came with 0 credits but I was able to get about 51 credits done in 2 semester and 2 summers. You can definitely do a double major in the 4 years if you put some effort into it. That is assuming you don't have a 40 hr/week job on the side.

Back