Started Training

MDPilot

Just thought I'd let everyone know, I started 767 training this Monday in Atlanta. Two weeks of ground school, oral exam, then two weeks of sims followed by a sim check. The instructors found out about their pay and benefit cuts yesterday, they aren't in a good mood. Hopefully won't affect training in any way. I'll try and give you guys periodic updates, if anyone's interested.

so what is the deal with pay/benefits for the training personnel? Are you only switching planes and not bases?

nothing like being in Hotlanta for training! altho there isn't much to do where the facilities are.. if you find any new/better eats, let us know!

Ground instructors are taking the 10% cut announced in the press yesterday. I'm in the long course for 767, returning after my furlough, was on the MD88 previously. Agree there is nothing much to eat, except Malone's. The standard training hotel (I won't name it here) appears to be in the process of installing free 80211b wireless, hopefully it will be in operation soon.

Welcome back to the Jungle bay-bee!

Seriously, everytime I hear of a recall, it makes my day. Knowing someone gets to go back to work, it's a great day!

It's surreal as hell the first few trips back. It's like you've been gone forever, but yet it's like you never left.

Hope your uniforms haven't shrunk! (Mine did......funny what a few months in storage will do! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif)

[ QUOTE ]
MQAA, does the latest AA flt att recall come anywhere close to you?

[/ QUOTE ]

laugh.gif

Ahh, sorry, *wiping away tears of laughter* . Nah, I'm still about 4000-odd away. It's because of the TWA people that I'm so far down. My first furlough I was only 411 down the list, so I got recalled with that first recall in April of 2002. Got the ax again in Oct 2002. Coming up on the 2nd anniversary! Woo-Hoo, 3 more years of recall rights left!

But here's to you, man! Glad you're back!
toast.gif

Update:

Finished 767 oral exam yesterday. Passed, but examiner said I was weak on a couple of areas. He then started looking up my "weak" areas in the training objectives, then had to admit that I wasn't supposed to know the stuff he was asking questions about. Sure made me feel stupid during the oral, though. Training instructors say the "new" course will start the end of the month, cutting 10 days of instruction before the oral down to 4 days plus oral. Training management is reportedly willing to accept a 20% failure rate due to the shorter course. I wonder if the trainees were asked their opinion on that?

On another note, I picked up my new motorcycle after finishing the oral and commuting home. Of course, it was raining, so I got to brave the elements on its' first ride. Loved every minute, though.
smile.gif

'05 Harley Davidson Electra Glide Ultra Classic (FLHTCUI) Really nice ride, the wife and I hope to do some touring on it. I'll post a picture soon, I left my digital camera in ATL this weekend.

Back