Start time protections

24-hour overnight are the absolute suck in the cargo would. I freaking hate them!

A couple of months back, I did an entire month of night hub turns (week on-week off) and they weren't bad at all. I actually got pretty good at managing my sleep, both during the day and the hub turn. I didn't feel too bad at the end of the week.

It helped that they were short flights, too. The only thing that sucked was the sun coming up the last hour of the flight.

Even if you don't call in fatigued, FILE A FATIGUE REPORT with your bargaining agent! Data, data, DATA!!

You never have to be fatigued to file a report if you feel it's a bad trip.

I had one last month with 3 circadian flips and 3 24-hour layovers (which suck in the night cargo world), including an 0200-0200 layover...so no good opportunity to get 2 sleeps. Oh and approximately 40 minutes to grab a nap in IND before turning to the west coast. Filed several reports on that one.
This! Just getting online and complaining about it does nothing (not talking about the OP). I see it all the time on our union forum. Hotels, bad trips, stuff that should be ASAP’d honestly, etc. If it isn’t documented formally it never happened according to the company and the union has no ammo to fight with.

When necessary call scheduling and use the F word.

Just make sure it is the one that wont get you in trouble...

@///AMG @ClearedForOption

LA's Newark redeye has been awesome. 805pm check in, takeoff 905pm. Land 215am west coast time, 515 am east coast. Day sleep. Min 10 to 10:30 hr rest. Report and depart at ~5pm and land back in LA at 8pm. Literally a 24 hr TAFB for 11.5 hrs pay.

I love it!

No one seems to like them, so I do them a lot. Still have 2 more EWR redeyes in August coming up.

We do short backs at Eskimo and I actually prefer them. Redeye out, day sleep, evening flight back. 2 duty periods in 24ish hours but better than trying to flop sleep schedules. Granted I've only had to do them sporadically. A whole month of them would wreck me I think but a lot of people love them.
This is my regular schedule at the zoo. I have a show time before 1700 maybe once a month. I just shifted my sleep schedule indefinitely; the kids know not to wake me before 10 when I’m home. It… mostly works.

It’s not great, definitely don’t love it, but I get to hold a line, build experience and hours, and it won’t last forever. Besides, shorter lines at the store and I don’t have to share gym equipment.

Related meme:

1725545556609.jpeg

[QUOTE="Maurus, post: 3296346, member: 5599”]Just make sure it is the one that wont get you in trouble...
[/QUOTE]

“This line is recorded for quality assurance….and is now conveniently digitized for easy transmission to the CPO in case of non-low tones”

[QUOTE="Maurus, post: 3296346, member: 5599”]Just make sure it is the one that wont get you in trouble...

“This line is recorded for quality assurance….and is now conveniently digitized for easy transmission to the CPO in case of non-low tones”
[/QUOTE]
I always enjoy it when Scheduling starts the profanity.

@///AMG @ClearedForOption

LA's Newark redeye has been awesome. 805pm check in, takeoff 905pm. Land 215am west coast time, 515 am east coast. Day sleep. Min 10 to 10:30 hr rest. Report and depart at ~5pm and land back in LA at 8pm. Literally a 24 hr TAFB for 11.5 hrs pay.

I love it!

No one seems to like them, so I do them a lot. Still have 2 more EWR redeyes in August coming up.

I'm more of a midwest short back kinda guy myself, but I do like the full EWR layover trips. Walk into Hoboken, get a good dinner, sleep in real late, fly home the next night and back home before midnight. I think I prefer EWR since it is way more walkable to everything, short of that Manhattan hotel we have for JFK trips. I bid the long 30+ hr JFK trips in the winter so I can have dinner with family in Manhattan when they aren't spending the summer in SEA, but off season, I prefer the NJ side

Back