Starship Launch

Anyone else watching? Propellent loading has begun. Those crazy sobs might actually go for it.

What channel are you watching it on? I'm currently on typical talking head TV but looking for something more substantive. I know YouTube is one option.

I'm watching the live feed on the nasaspaceflight channel on YouTube. Good telephoto camera setup at Boca Chica.

It’s absolutely nut that Elon is giving this a low probability of success—which he’s defined as “not blowing up on the pad”.

I think that goes a long way towards explaining why private space exploration is/will continue to be successful—I don’t think there’s any chance NASA would launch something they thought had a 50/50 chance of success. And the public probably would see it as a huge waste of money.

But if Elon wants to risk a few hundred million throwing a giant penis into space, damn right we’ll watch the • out of that.

Current launch window is through Wednesday I saw, not sure if that's enough time to recycle the propellant but excited for when this thing goes.

Watching the Starship early flight tests was so much fun, gonna be great to see this progress.

Current launch window is through Wednesday I saw, not sure if that's enough time to recycle the propellant but excited for when this thing goes.

Watching the Starship early flight tests was so much fun, gonna be great to see this progress.
was listening earlier when they scrubbed. Pretty sure I heard 48 hours to recycle.....I guess they will be testing/verifying a bunch of things....

was listening earlier when they scrubbed. Pretty sure I heard 48 hours to recycle.....I guess they will be testing/verifying a bunch of things....
Yeah I think 48 hours as they mentioned, plus something about a 'window' maybe for weather or winds I assume. Good news is the feds gave them a 5 year launch license last week so things are really gonna happen now.

Argh. They keep holding at 40 seconds.

Side note: being able to cast YouTube on my computer to the screen in my living room is a cool aspect of living in the 21st century.

Yeah, it started kinda corkscrewing and I was like, "huh....is that supposed to do that?" Then BOOM.

Still, anything past the tower was gravy, I think. Space is hard. Progress made.

"Rapid Unscheduled Disassembly" is going to be my new euphemism for anything that blows up.
Finest RUD I've seen all morning. Congrats SpaceX crew!

Back