Starchecker runs?

killbilly

Vocals, Lyrics, Triangle, Washboard, Kittens
What kind of Airnet run goes out of AUS about 6:30pm? Saw one of your Barons last night and was curious about that run and that job?

From FlightAware

http://flightaware.com/live/flight/USC193/history/20081029/2325Z/KAUS/KHOU

o-tdz.png
FlightAware > Live Flight Tracker > US Check Airlines #193 > 29-Oct-2008 > KAUS-KHOU

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #002f5d" vAlign=top align=left width=400><SCRIPT language=JavaScript type=text/javascript><!-- zoomScale = 6; function zoom(direction) { switch(direction) { case 'reset': zoomScale = 6; break case 'in': if (zoomScale > 1) { zoomScale--; } else { this.disabled=true; } break case 'out': if (zoomScale <6) { zoomScale++; } break } document['map'].src = 'http://map11.flightaware.com/flight_track_map.rvt?ident=USC193-1225315286-63311-1;airports=KAUS+KHOU;key=c15d47a59b845ea95d7ca9646e1ac5d92a5300b7;keytime=1225381722;height=340;width=400;departuretime=1225322743;arrivaltime=1225325640;zoom=' + zoomScale; } var newwindow = '' function popitup(url) { if (newwindow.location && !newwindow.closed) { newwindow.location.href = url; newwindow.focus(); } else { newwindow=window.open(url,'FlightAwareBigMap','width=965,height=635,resizable=no,scrollbars=no,toolbar=no,location=no,status=0'); } } --></SCRIPT></TD><TD style="VERTICAL-ALIGN: top; TEXT-ALIGN: left" width="100%"><TABLE height=340 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=2 width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TH class=mainTrackHeader style="MIN-WIDTH: 330px; MIN-HEIGHT: 57px; BACKGROUND-COLOR: #707277" noWrap colSpan=3>
USC193 (all flights)
US Check Airlines "Star Check"

</TH></TR><TR><TH class=secondaryHeader>Aircraft</TH><TD class=smallrow1 style="TEXT-ALIGN: left" noWrap width="90%" colSpan=2>Piper Navajo (twin-piston) (PA31/G)</TD></TR><TR><TH class=secondaryHeader width=10>Origin</TH><TD class=smallrow2 style="TEXT-ALIGN: left" noWrap colSpan=2>Austin-Bergstrom Intl (KAUS)</TD></TR><TR><TH class=secondaryHeader>Destination</TH><TD class=smallrow1 style="TEXT-ALIGN: left" noWrap colSpan=2>William P Hobby (KHOU)</TD></TR><TR><TH class=secondaryHeader></TH><TD class=smallrow1 colSpan=2>Other flights between these airports</TD></TR><TR><TH class=secondaryHeader>Route</TH><TD class=smallrow2 width=50 colSpan=2>CWK3 JAYJO BLUBL2 (Decode)</TD></TR><TR><TH class=secondaryHeader>Date</TH><TD class=smallrow1 style="TEXT-ALIGN: left" colSpan=2>Wednesday, Oct 29, 2008</TD></TR><TR><TH class=secondaryHeader>Duration</TH><TD class=smallrow2 style="TEXT-ALIGN: left" colSpan=2>48 minutes</TD></TR><TR><TH class=secondaryHeader>Status</TH><TD class=smallrow1 noWrap colSpan=2>Arrived over 15 hours ago (track log)</TD></TR><TR class=row2 style="TEXT-ALIGN: center"><TH class=secondaryHeader></TH><TH>Scheduled</TH><TH>Actual/Estimated</TH></TR><TR class=smallrow1><TH class=secondaryHeader>Departure</TH><TD>06:25PM CDT</TD><TD>06:25PM CDT</TD></TR><TR><TH class=secondaryHeader>Arrival</TH><TD class=smallrow2>07:23PM CDT</TD><TD class=smallrow2>07:14PM CDT</TD></TR><TR><TH class=secondaryHeader>Speed</TH><TD class=smallrow1>171 kts</TD><TD class=smallrow1></TD></TR><TR><TH class=secondaryHeader>Altitude</TH><TD class=smallrow2>7000 feet</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

This was a Baron. He taxied out behind me last night but took off ahead of me. I can't remember what his tail number was, but I was just curious as to whether or not it was a JCer and what the run was.

That flight still could have been a Baron. Airnet's flight plans are canned, but things change and a Baron may be swapped for a 'Jo or a Van and vice versa. Unless the pilot re-files the flight plan will list the original aircraft type.

That flight still could have been a Baron. Airnet's flight plans are canned, but things change and a Baron may be swapped for a 'Jo or a Van and vice versa. Unless the pilot re-files the flight plan will list the original aircraft type.

Cool.

Some things I observed...

-That Baron looked like it hadn't seen paint since the Carter administration.
-Both my CFI and I wished we were flying it.

That's called "having character".

We have a plane known as "patches". You can imagine the, uh, Character.

My boss is pretty good about keeping the paint snappy (I guess it contrasts nicely with the unshaven scumbags behind the window), but there are two they haven't slapped the "company paint job" on. Patches is one. The one I've got now is the other. Now, riddle me this. Why is this the best equipped, nicest one of the lot? GPS, autopilot that works, cargo door, strong engines, pressurization that can at least begin to be believed. It seems that "beauty is only skin deep" applies to airplanes, too. Either that or new paint is Evil.

We have a plane known as "patches". You can imagine the, uh, Character.

One of our Caravans is refered to as "the Pheonix" since it is now on it's 5th reincarnation.

One new wing thanks to a midair with a 182. One new wing due to being picked up and tossed by a thunderstorm. New main gear and associated structure curtosey of a incompetent pilot who lost sight of the runway in fog and decided to flare and pray. A new tail thanks to the street sweeper driver who fell asleep at the wheel and drove into the elevator.

I don't know wether I should be scared to fly it with it's bad juju, or happy because it's apparently indestructable.

One of our Caravans is refered to as "the Pheonix" since it is now on it's 5th reincarnation.

One new wing thanks to a midair with a 182. One new wing due to being picked up and tossed by a thunderstorm. New main gear and associated structure curtosey of a incompetent pilot who lost sight of the runway in fog and decided to flare and pray. A new tail thanks to the street sweeper driver who fell asleep at the wheel and drove into the elevator.

I don't know wether I should be scared to fly it with it's bad juju, or happy because it's apparently indestructable.

I can neither confirm nor deny that at an employer for which may or may not have worked at some indeterminate point in the past, there was a 210 with an "L" wing and an "M" wing. Never did fly quite straight...

I would fly the Phoenix with confidence. If they couldn't kill it, maybe I'm not man enough to either...

Back