stanz break

I am estimating here, but I did review his resume for him so I have an idea.

TT-1050
Multi-130
Instrument(actual)-approx. 35

I know he came into the program with no outside time, so he truly worked his butt off to get done and get to where he wants to be. He had good things to say about the interview at ExpressJet as well.

Hope that is the info. you were looking for...

I asked about it cause I wondered if CoEx hired DCA guys with lower time. I don't see CoEx as one of the airlines that offers guaranteed interviews to DCA guys, so he must have got the interview based on his overall qualifications and not cause he had a guaranteed interview coming to him. Which would make you wonder, what value, to him, the guaranteed interview ever was?

DE727UPS said:
I asked about it cause I wondered if CoEx hired DCA guys with lower time. I don't see CoEx as one of the airlines that offers guaranteed interviews to DCA guys, so he must have got the interview based on his overall qualifications and not cause he had a guaranteed interview coming to him. Which would make you wonder, what value, to him, the guaranteed interview ever was?

Sure he met their minimum requirements but does that mean they would call him right away when he turned in his resume? I doubt it. I'm sure you know as well as anyone that minimums are minimums and certainly does not guarantee a quick call back if one at all. I turned in my resume at ExpressJet when I turned 1000/100 just to see if I could get a call back without any outside help. Yeah I got a call back...about 5 months after I sent in. So as much as you don't want to believe it, the school does help in that matter a good bit, now whether it is worth it or not to go there, that is up to the individual.

DE727UPS said:

To add to Fo Shizzle's comments, having HR turn in your resume from DCA DEFINATELY results in a faster call-back. Last week an instructor was called back in two days! While others who have applied on their own have been waiting more than 4 weeks now. My housemate went through DCA and he heard back in about 12 days. My guess is it all depends on how many spots are left to fill for interview dates, and my opinion is that having DCA send in your resume is as if it were walked in by an employee, in other words put to the top of the stack. Just my thoughts....

"Yeah I got a call back...about 5 months after I sent in. So as much as you don't want to believe it, the school does help in that matter a good bit"

So the guaranteed interview saves you 5 months? They should put that on the website.

"now whether it is worth it or not to go there, that is up to the individual"

Agreed, hopefully people read JC, in addition to personal visits, before making the choice.

Personally, I think the whole guaranteed interview thing is a joke in this day and age. A guy could do his training for far less money someplace else, work an additional five months as a CFI, and end up in the same place. Any idea what that 5 months quicker to a regional is costing you in the end?

DE727UPS said:
Personally, I think the whole guaranteed interview thing is a joke in this day and age. A guy could do his training for far less money someplace else, work an additional five months as a CFI, and end up in the same place. Any idea what that 5 months quicker to a regional is costing you in the end?

No sir, if I stayed around somewhere instructing an extra five months I would have not gotten my job. They stopped hiring about a month or two after I was hired so "a guy" would still be instructing somewhere but would not "end up in the same place."

I agree that it probably did not matter all that much 5 months ago when all the regionals were hiring but I'm sure you know that does not seem to be the case now. Comair is furloughing, CHQ is asking for volunteers for the same, Skywest is not hiring for the rest of the year. Many others seem to be tightening their belts as well due to the uncertainty in the majors. So whether you need some help landing a job is many times dependant on the airline economy.

Man I dunno how much it would end up costing me/saving me at the end if I did it part 61. I did do some of my training part 61 but in all honesty it was no cheaper. Granted it depends on the FBO pricing and DCA was a good bit cheaper back then but, I think it turned out okay for me. Plus I enjoyed myself as a student there, more so than I did as an instructor. But like I said before you just have to see for yourself, everyone's needs and goals are different, what is not right for you may be exactly what someone else needs to accomplish their goals.

DE727UPS said:
Any idea what that 5 months quicker to a regional is costing you in the end?
Any idea how much you being a toolbag is costing you in the end? I say good day!

mnixon said:
Any idea how much you being a toolbag is costing you in the end? I say good day!
Nice high emotion content, but quite a bit short on substance. So-so beat and hard to dance to. I'll give it a "2".

:D

Back