Standardization

Same as it always has been, minus instrument flights/frasca.

3 weeks ish. Two cadet flights, maybe one arrow flight.

:yeahthat: These flights involve flying with a standardization instructor. You will perform the flights as if the stan instructor was a student. Meaning you have to give a thorough, but timely preflight brief and post brief. Plan on teaching the the chandelle or lazy eight. It's a favorite for Haaland. Then once in the air, it is similar to a CFI checkride. You will teach an perform each maneuver to Commercial PTS. These flights are not intended to get you to PTS. You should already be there. They are intended to get you to teach the maneuvers the FSI way.

I appreciate the help guys. I am looking forward to it. I would really like to be at FSI. Hopefully all goes well tomorrow.

WOOHOO! I got the job today. great experience. Stan starts on Mon/Tues six new instructors. I am stoked. Congrats to everyone else who got the gig as well.

I'm the guy with the ugly tie that you talked to about scheduling.

Welcome aboard.

Right on speaking of ties do they want us to only wear the blue one or is a tie a tie. I got one of the blue ones yesterday, but I was just wondering when I saw yours

Mine is the Swiss tie that all the Swiss guys wear.

You only have to wear a tie on the flight line during daylight savings. Right now you do not need a tie on the flight line. Unless you're a program manager, or lucky enough to be in the Swiss program.

You always need a tie in the academics and admin buildings. (I don't know why, stupid rule)

WOOHOO! I got the job today. great experience. Stan starts on Mon/Tues six new instructors. I am stoked. Congrats to everyone else who got the gig as well.

Congratulations! I'll see you there in couple of weeks. I'm the big guy they call the "birdkiller" or "birdman" among many other names I probably deserve.

wb

Why you leaving the airlines "birdman"? I am guessing you were/are airlines from your tag EMB145 SIC.

I have no problem with the ties really, was in the navy had to wear all kinds of stuff so a tie isn't really an issue - as you saw I was wearing one Friday. Does seem like it would be really hot though during the summer. Hmm ah well.

Because he has the uncanny ability to OBLITERATE any bird in a 20 NM radius.

Why you leaving the airlines "birdman"? I am guessing you were/are airlines from your tag EMB145 SIC.

I was furloughed from TSA a couple of weeks ago. Avoid TSA like the plague. They suck. When I was hired, reserve was only 3 months and upgrade was 13 to 18 months. Yeah......That pretty much changed before I was even done with ground school. When/if they call me back, I will not return.

Oh yeah, this is what a turkey buzzard does to a cherokee at 100kts.

Attachments

• DSCF1207.jpg
    DSCF1207.jpg
    173.6 KB · Views: 110
Back