Staffing expectations in TX

RdRunnr12

Anyone know if there is a need in the San Antonio area? I presently live there, but am willing to relocate if needed.

I just tested in Houston on the 15th (PUB NAT 5) and received my scores today. I made a 95, and have this forum to thank for that. Thanks everyone! The stickied at-sat thread was a lifesaver.

Also, does your test score play into geographical preference?

Thanks again and I look forward to spending some more time here on the board.

Anyone know if there is a need in the San Antonio area? I presently live there, but am willing to relocate if needed.

I just tested in Houston on the 15th (PUB NAT 5) and received my scores today. I made a 95, and have this forum to thank for that. Thanks everyone! The stickied at-sat thread was a lifesaver.

Also, does your test score play into geographical preference?

Thanks again and I look forward to spending some more time here on the board.

Here is my advice to you. Since you live there in San Antonio, call up the ATC and ask for a tour. Then you can talk to the director for that location and personally ask him or her. If you want to stay in that area, let he/she know that and see if they will "capture" you to stay there. They can make request to the hiring panel that you to be located there.

As far as the Geo Prefs go, your AT-SAT score will not affect your Geo Prefs unless there is a list of people who want to go to a certain location, then they usually start with the best scores and work there way down.

Here is my advice to you. Since you live there in San Antonio, call up the ATC and ask for a tour. Then you can talk to the director for that location and personally ask him or her. If you want to stay in that area, let he/she know that and see if they will "capture" you to stay there. They can make request to the hiring panel that you to be located there.

As far as the Geo Prefs go, your AT-SAT score will not affect your Geo Prefs unless there is a list of people who want to go to a certain location, then they usually start with the best scores and work there way down.
About calling to get a tour, is there some place that contains the contact information for facilities? I'd love to get one of these tours set up that everyone keeps talking about, but I'm having some trouble finding the right people to call.

About calling to get a tour, is there some place that contains the contact information for facilities? I'd love to get one of these tours set up that everyone keeps talking about, but I'm having some trouble finding the right people to call.

Go to directory.faa.gov. Then, to the left click regional map. Click the region you want. Then, enter the location of the place (example: San Antonio) at the bottom text box labeled "Type in an office description".

Here is the important part. It lists all kinds of numbers, but if you scroll down and find a name with a Job Titled "Air Traffic Controller", the phone number given is the Contact Number you want.

You don't have to talk to the Supervisor to set up an appointment. Just mention that you recently took the AT-SAT test and you were very interested in coming to that location. Tell them you would love to tour the facility. They are nice and will usually set it up based on their schedule since they have to have someone with you at all times.

PM me if you have anymore questions, or you can't find the location number you want.

The POC at KSAN is Maryanne. Her Comm # is:
210-805-5507. There are super nice over there and more than willing to set up tours for inbound ATCs.

Go to directory.faa.gov. Then, to the left click regional map. Click the region you want. Then, enter the location of the place (example: San Antonio) at the bottom text box labeled "Type in an office description".

Here is the important part. It lists all kinds of numbers, but if you scroll down and find a name with a Job Titled "Air Traffic Controller", the phone number given is the Contact Number you want.

You don't have to talk to the Supervisor to set up an appointment. Just mention that you recently took the AT-SAT test and you were very interested in coming to that location. Tell them you would love to tour the facility. They are nice and will usually set it up based on their schedule since they have to have someone with you at all times.

PM me if you have anymore questions, or you can't find the location number you want.
Thank you very much! I really appreciate it.

Back