spoliage

USMCmech

When cargo gets delayed 24 hours, tropical fish tend to die.

Dead tropical fish make my plane stink.

DFW yesterday was a total fiasco.

We had some tropical fish loaded in the lower aft cargo, which on the Classic, we could only keep a rough range of temperature. Well, the el fishes needed to be at like 84 degrees or something. We could keep it above 4C.

Interestingly enough, we had a claims guy on the airplane. Seems to be they have insurance to cover big cargo losses. He explained the whole scheme, and there are people who deal with just that.

I guess I just hijacked it. Sorry..

Back on track. It seems that airplanes smell like barns for about 6 weeks if a livestock charter was done with that jet.

Tasty....

I heard that it was raining cats and dogs there!

It was BAD.

I've been in Texas 25 years, and it's been a long time since I've seen a set of storms like that. The Wednesday night storm was moving at 45kts ground speed. Our hangar got hit and fried the door motor, along with the A/C for the offices.

Edit: Honestly the last storm I can remember that was as ugly was Tropical storm Allison in Houston back in 2001.

Yeah, im glad they loaded three of those boxes of dead fish right behind my seat. O2 mask FTW.

It was BAD.

I've been in Texas 25 years, and it's been a long time since I've seen a set of storms like that. The Wednesday night storm was moving at 45kts ground speed. Our hangar got hit and fried the door motor, along with the A/C for the offices.

One of my buddies is TDY in DFW. He's one of the Oakland based pilot. He's been cleaning his pants the last couple of days. If you see a guy in a 99 with an Aussie accent, please bring a pack of clean underwear. He really needs them.

im heading out for DFW in 30 mins, ill bring an extra pair just for him. :cool:

I would have need a pair yesterday morning, but i was too tired to care. Got out right before the airport shut down, then was treated to 30kt down drafts for 20 miles. Good times.

One of my buddies is TDY in DFW. He's one of the Oakland based pilot. He's been cleaning his pants the last couple of days. If you see a guy in a 99 with an Aussie accent, please bring a pack of clean underwear. He really needs them.

lol. he never gets a break! first time i met him, heater failed and it was at LEAST below 100 in reno.

He's one of the Oakland based pilot. He's been cleaning his pants the last couple of days.

I covered a run out in CA a few months back. My first day there, there were Tstorm warnings for the area. The locals were all paniced. I just said "you wana see some thunder boomers, try outside Lubbock."

I was crappin my pants out there TDY with some of those storms. One martinair guy just gave up one night and went back to del rio. I shouldve done the same.

It was BAD.

Edit: Honestly the last storm I can remember that was as ugly was Tropical storm Allison in Houston back in 2001.
Oh god yeah it was horrible.

At work the hard drive got fried. A power surge blew right through the power surge protector. We couldn't really unplug the hard drive either since it has all of the "timeclock" info on it.

I wonder how many hail dents my truck has collected just sitting in the parking lot at Love.
Your truck should be fine. My car hasn't been hit at love yet, and I've left it there all those recent nights when the storms have passed through.:)

USMCMECH-you are right about Lubbock. Spent about 12 years there and the "boomers" can pop and the wind will BLOW!! If you can fly out there, you can fly anywhere. Crosswind? What crosswind?

Back