Special Comp Days

jetsguy737

We all have double pay days as dispatchers at our designated carriers. What days do you guys have as special pay days? Do you think all 11 fed holidays should be observed as such?

There's a push for Juneteenth as a Holiday at AA but they already have 11. They have the day after Thanksgiving considered a holiday and I think many are happy with the arrangement.

There's a push for Juneteenth as a Holiday at AA but they already have 11. They have the day after Thanksgiving considered a holiday and I think many are happy with the arrangement.

AA dispatch only has 10 paid holidays. I have not heard about making Juneteenth a holiday. If there is a push for that, it is low on the dispatch priority totem pole.

Juneteenth was just mentioned in the last union meeting. I think Christmas Eve should be one as some folks celebrate that night rather than Christmas Day, or they do both. It’s an important evening for many families. Most businesses close Christmas Eve as well…. and I believe the pilots get it paid as a holiday.

I'm not at a part 121 right now but still do shifts. Instead of double pay we get an extra vacation day for each holiday. At 12/yr that's 3 extra weeks.

Edit: 135/91 stuff

Back