Speaking of Southwest - July 2019 Hiring

I imagine if they get an official return to service date they'd try to get the ball rolling before then so everything is ready to go. I highly doubt anybody will let the planes sit until then, they want them in the air. I'd go as far as saying if they can get the aircraft updated and done with MX checks they'd repo what they could for entry to service the next day. Logistically difficult, but possible.

I imagine if they get an official return to service date they'd try to get the ball rolling before then so everything is ready to go. I highly doubt anybody will let the planes sit until then, they want them in the air. I'd go as far as saying if they can get the aircraft updated and done with MX checks they'd repo what they could for entry to service the next day. Logistically difficult, but possible.

Depends if SIM time is needed. Could a regular 737 SIM be adapted to a MAX?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

At this point it seems as though they are going to scrutinize this thing and dig out every possible scenario that there could be a safety issue and if they are waiting to find zero safety issues to sign it off to fly then that just isn’t going to happen. Accidents happen, technology sometimes malfunctions, you can not prevent everything. As someone who stresses about every possible outcome, even I know you cannot totally eliminate risk. Yeah it will probably eventually fly. But most likely not this year.

Not trying to get ahead of things but seeing all this news of WN expanding their schedule and adding tons of routes, along with the Max coming back online I can't help but wonder if a WN dispatch posting is possible sooner rather than later? Thoughts?

Last edited:
Not trying to get ahead of things but seeing all this news of WN expanding their schedule and adding tons of routes, along with the Max coming back online I can't help but wonder if a WN posting is possible sooner rather than later? Thoughts?

Still have another ~1000-1500 pilots out on long term leave who need to be recalled first. I think it'll be a while

They might eventually need a few more dispatchers for those shiney brand new hopefully not crash prone aeroplanes.

Not growth airplanes. Replacements for aging -700 and -800s

Posting for internal candidates went live yesterday. I heard a rumor that the “test” may be administered online this time around. Interviews may happen by the end of June.

Back