Speaking of logbook pro

TheWife

Is this a good idea for a Christmas gift? Are there any other programs or just this one? If there are other ones, which one is the best? I am always so afraid that Corbin will lose his log book. He loses everything. And I tried to find it at Comp USA but could not, can these only be ordered online? Sporty's or ????? Thanks!

I use logbook pro and think it is great. Jeppesen has one, but i haven't heard any good things about it. My instructor used to use it, but said it sucked.
crazy.gif

I downloaded logbook pro off the internet (can't remember where) and paid with a credit card.

Hope this helps.
smile.gif

Ok I see standard and professional versions and professional says it includes synchronize ability. Does that mean for the palm?

Oh and what about the training video, that's price for teaching you how to use it! Do you really need it? And the route browser? Is that useful? And what is the $10 Software CD? Thanks.

[ QUOTE ]
Oh and what about the training video, that's price for teaching you how to use it! Do you really need it? And the route browser? Is that useful? And what is the $10 Software CD? Thanks.

[/ QUOTE ] ...and what color wrapping paper should she use?
smile.gif

Apologies to all (especially Michelle)... this is my first foray into the humor/sarcasm remarks in a thread on JC... No offense is intended nor should be taken... All in good fun... enjoy the holidays!
smile.gif
tongue.gif

Bob

Yeah yeah yeah, the dumb wife asks a lot of questions. Lol.

Just be sure to always use your smilies cause then I know your kidding. Other wise, you're asking for it!
tongue.gif

Sorry to be a PITA but my mother in law is about to order this and we don't know which version to go with. So I'd really love some input. Is the $99 version usable on the palm or do you get the $60 version and the separate $30 palm friendly version? And is the map browser worth the $$ ? THANKS!

[ QUOTE ]
Sorry to be a PITA but my mother in law is about to order this and we don't know which version to go with. So I'd really love some input. Is the $99 version usable on the palm or do you get the $60 version and the separate $30 palm friendly version? And is the map browser worth the $$ ? THANKS!

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know if the palm software would really be that helpful.

I sit down about once a week and update my "computer" logbook. ( I fly nearly everyday)

Unless there is a reason for keeping a record of your hours at your side.....there is no reason for getting the palm software.

Just my $.02:)

the Lo-down on Logbook Pro:

Standard edition allows you to use it on ONE computer.
Professional edition allows you to use it on your home and one other (like a laptop you take on trips). You can syncronize the two.

Both versions come with the Palm add-on, but requires like $30 to activate.

Both are dowloadable over the internet then you pay for the registration code to be able to enter more than 50 flights. The $10 just gives you a hard copy and probably a a pretty box. When new versions come out, they completely rewrite the original program so the hard copy is useless when updates come out (unless you don't mind using the older version).

capiche?

Back